France in flames

armsid

4 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

There is a lot going on currently that doesn't even get a mention on mainstream media- a good example being marches  in Holland concerning the forced closure of some 50 per cent of farms  over the next few years scarcely make the news over here, yet that will have a far more devastating effect not just there but globally.

It seems that the Dutch fought back, and elected a farmer supporting governing party!

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/farmers-protest-party-set-shake-up-dutch-political-landscape-2023-03-15/

Edited by sandspider

12 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

They have us over a barrel 

Lets say 100,000 shooters got together and marched in London.

All it takes is an anti shooting group to turn up, kick off into violence.

Police wade in and start arresting people. Any people.

So some shooters get charged with breach of the peace or public order offences.

Thats your tickets out the window and I suspect the powers that be know this.

Just my opinion 

:shaun:

Succinct!

23 hours ago, Scully said:

As far as the HSE are concerned ( for example ) less than 2000 of 1,000,000 UK shooters are bothered about the proposal to ban lead shot. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Scully said:

The vast majority can’t even be bothered to compile a stern email! 😂There isn't even any need to put it in an envelope and post it! 

I’m certainly with you on that!

I bet those same people who whine and moan the loudest on here about the ineffectiveness of the shooting orgs – with some notable exceptions – are the ones who couldn’t be bothered to compose a response to that consultation.  But not to worry, there’ll be plenty of time to post pictures of their ‘tea’ on Sunday, on a tray in front of the telly, watching Heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I’m certainly with you on that!

I bet those same people who whine and moan the loudest on here about the ineffectiveness of the shooting orgs – with some notable exceptions – are the ones who couldn’t be bothered to compose a response to that consultation.  But not to worry, there’ll be plenty of time to post pictures of their ‘tea’ on Sunday, on a tray in front of the telly, watching Heartbeat.

More than likely. I think I’m just a cranky old **** nowadays, but I hate apathy. 
Heartbeat! 😂 Had forgotten all about Heartbeat! 

21 hours ago, sandspider said:

It seems that the Dutch fought back, and elected a farmer supporting governing party!

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/farmers-protest-party-set-shake-up-dutch-political-landscape-2023-03-15/

Now they need a politician who supports Aviation and not the current mob who wish to reduce the amount of flights at Schiphol.

Just now, Jaymo said:
Edited by Jaymo