Joshua v Franklin

Gordon R

Joshua won fair and square, but his tentative performance won't scare serious contenders. He looked gun shy and reluctant to get into a real fight. I don't know where he goes from here.

PS. His behaviour after the final bell brought back memories of his breakdown after the Usyk fight. I think he has issues.

Edited by Gordon R

Yeah. He's past it. It's not a physical thing, he just looks and sounds shot. Dillian Whyte has said exactly the same, he's showing 'signs of a fighter who doesn't want to do it any more'. This was such a good chance to show himself what he's got left in the tank and it's all a bit underwhelming. 

33 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Fury fears no-one, with good cause. There is no-one to touch him at this time.

Three times, he has been in with probably the heaviest puncher in recent times and won. Why would he fear Usyk?

Fury  chooses fighters he believes he can beat  

Why would you fight someone  3 times 

He was never going to fight Usky .

Fury was not even training. For the fight. 

Sugarhill said he was not over to train Fury .

He should be stripped of the belt  and stay retired. 

And to tell his father John. To keep his nose. Out .

38 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

He fought Wilder three times because he was ordered to do so. It is laughable to think he is ducking anyone - especially Usyk. An easy night for Fury, when it happens later this year.

If its so easy as you say for Fury . Why is he not. Stepping. In the. Ring on the 29th of this month

He asked a lot from  Usyk. And he Usyk  agreed  to the terms. 

Edited by johnphilip

37 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Fury  chooses fighters he believes he can beat  

Why would you fight someone  3 times 

He was never going to fight Usky .

Fury was not even training. For the fight. 

Sugarhill said he was not over to train Fury .

He should be stripped of the belt  and stay retired. 

And to tell his father John. To keep his nose. Out .

Fury can beat anyone out there, I certainly wouldn't call usyk a easy fight but he certainly has the tools to deal with him or anyone else out there, either now or in boxings past. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Fury can beat anyone out there, I certainly wouldn't call usyk a easy fight but he certainly has the tools to deal with him or anyone else out there, either now or in boxings past. 

Fury has only  had 6 World title. Fights. And 3 of them have been with the same boxers

Fury has lost a great  deal of his. Fan base. With these. Stupid. Childish games. .

People accused Fury of changing the terms. I do recall when terms were agreed, Usyk suddenly demanded a million pounds for the people of Ukraine. I notice he didn't offer a million to the UK people. He caused the fight to fall through.

Fury had doubts about the rematch situation, due to four governing bodies being involved. He was ordered to fight Wilder for a third time having already beaten him twice (whoever declared the first a draw was an imbecile). He was concerned that the various bodies would order him to defend against Joyce, Dubois, Wilder, Ruiz etc etc, with a failure to satisfy them all resulting in being stripped of the title.

38 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

People accused Fury of changing the terms. I do recall when terms were agreed, Usyk suddenly demanded a million pounds for the people of Ukraine. I notice he didn't offer a million to the UK people. He caused the fight to fall through.

Fury had doubts about the rematch situation, due to four governing bodies being involved. He was ordered to fight Wilder for a third time having already beaten him twice (whoever declared the first a draw was an imbecile). He was concerned that the various bodies would order him to defend against Joyce, Dubois, Wilder, Ruiz etc etc, with a failure to satisfy them all resulting in being stripped of the title.

Usyk  accept  the 70/ 30  in proviso that  for every day delay after the 29th of April  Fury  has to pay  the people of Ukraine  one million pounds 

https://youtu.be/azD1i1O0cFE

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Fury has only  had 6 World title. Fights. And 3 of them have been with the same boxers

Fury has lost a great  deal of his. Fan base. With these. Stupid. Childish games. .

Imo that's pretty irrelevant when you look at some of the people he's beat and how convincingly he did it, despite in some cases being far from at his best. 

Not sure where the "lost a great deal of his fan base" comes from. Perhaps from the same delusional thinking that Fury is ducking Usyk.

I was interested to note above that Usyk was the one making last minute demands, despite inferences that it was Fury. Bizarre.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Not sure where the "lost a great deal of his fan base" comes from. Perhaps from the same delusional thinking that Fury is ducking Usyk.

I was interested to note above that Usyk was the one making last minute demands, despite inferences that it was Fury. Bizarre.

Ok explain  why the fight  is not going ahead  on the  29th  April

re last  minute.  fury  offers  70/ 30  Usyk responded  to fury  he would  accept  70/ 30 deal along with  the  one million   donation per day for every day the fight was  delayed . That was his terms he asked for  simple  as that . He was  just playing  Fury at his  stupid  games  . 

Get Joe Joyce a chance at any of them belts now and he takes them for my opinion... Usyk a great boxer, but I think would struggle with fury size, not boxing ability.. wilder useless apart from his right hand and AJ is lost , does not want to be in the ring anymore.. and I also think it's too much coincidence that both the AJ and usyk fight have both fell through and it not being fury fault.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

So Usyk was playing stupid games, but had nothing to do with the fight not going ahead. You need to understand what you post.

I said  he was playing  Fury at  furys stupid  game  , fury  offered 70/30 split   Usyk accepted  it  , BUT  said the million for each day after the 29th . He called  fury  out fury did not want the fight hence the  rubbish offer  , he hoped  Usyk would not accept  that . Fury had no intention  to fight on the 29th  .because he was not ready. Sugarhill said himself  that fury was not training and was not ready  . John fury wants rid of sugarhill so he can take over .  Usyk had been training   hard  for this fight  and said  enough is enough . He was getting messed about  by fury . Fury  had  gone quite  Then when  Usyk  said this was  not going anywhere .

If you try to buy something online  and the seller keeps messing you about  you eventually  go else  where  and this is what usyk has done .

7 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I said  he was playing  Fury at  furys stupid  game  , fury  offered 70/30 split   Usyk accepted  it  , BUT  said the million for each day after the 29th . He called  fury  out fury did not want the fight hence the  rubbish offer  , he hoped  Usyk would not accept  that . Fury had no intention  to fight on the 29th  .because he was not ready. Sugarhill said himself  that fury was not training and was not ready  . John fury wants rid of sugarhill so he can take over .  Usyk had been training   hard  for this fight  and said  enough is enough . He was getting messed about  by fury . Fury  had  gone quite  Then when  Usyk  said this was  not going anywhere .

If you try to buy something online  and the seller keeps messing you about  you eventually  go else  where  and this is what usyk has done .

Furys biggest fight is with himself, I would say he's boxed in below par condition for most of his career, which is really testament to his ability that he's able to fight world class fighters over weight and undertrained. 

11 hours ago, Smiler23 said:

Get Joe Joyce a chance at any of them belts now and he takes them for my opinion... Usyk a great boxer, but I think would struggle with fury size, not boxing ability.. wilder useless apart from his right hand and AJ is lost , does not want to be in the ring anymore.. and I also think it's too much coincidence that both the AJ and usyk fight have both fell through and it not being fury fault.

AJ has always been over rated and I've always said that from the start of his career, yes he's a world class fighter, but he's not at the top of the tree and in my opinion never has been, despite the glossy marketing by promoters and sponsorship that appeared to the contrary. 

If AJ can't get his confidence back he's at risk of sliding out of the top level of heavy weights and becoming another David Price, many fighters have fallen into that trap before. 

13 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Furys biggest fight is with himself, I would say he's boxed in below par condition for most of his career, which is really testament to his ability that he's able to fight world class fighters over weight and undertrained. 

AJ has always been over rated and I've always said that from the start of his career, yes he's a world class fighter, but he's not at the top of the tree and in my opinion never has been, despite the glossy marketing by promoters and sponsorship that appeared to the contrary. 

If AJ can't get his confidence back he's at risk of sliding out of the top level of heavy weights and becoming another David Price, many fighters have fallen into that trap before. 

Hence my saying a few  posts back  Fury  should have  stayed  retired  . Lived the quite  life .but no  . I want to fight for half a billion . Times of depression  . Times  of  stuffing the white  stuff up his nose. Been goaded  on by  others . 

As the saying goes All good  things come to an end  , it's knowing  when to say it's time  to step back . Time to retire with respect  

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Hence my saying a few  posts back  Fury  should have  stayed  retired  . Lived the quite  life .but no  . I want to fight for half a billion . Times of depression  . Times  of  stuffing the white  stuff up his nose. Been goaded  on by  others . 

As the saying goes All good  things come to an end  , it's knowing  when to say it's time  to step back . Time to retire with respect  

There's no doubt about it, every dog has his day, but fury is probably at his peak, providing he puts the work in the gym, keep his diet right and not allow mental health to drag him down, while I don't pretend to know what goes on in his head, I think he gets depression when he has no challenge or targets in life, he fell off the wagon after gaining the hw titles from klitschko and seeing no other challengers worthy of fighting. Continuing to box might well be good for him and from a selfish prospective, as the best HW out there at the moment, I want to see him fight the next best contenders in Usyk, Joyce and for simply settling an old grudge, Joshua. 

Fury is box office - Usyk isn't.

Usyk missed out on his biggest payday and will fight for comparative peanuts.

I don't know why Fury is taking stick on this thread. He suffers from depression and has a chequered past, but he has never ducked anyone. Usyk will no doubt demand a fight with Wilder. Then again, I don't think he is daft enough.

Not sure what on line selling has got to do with boxing, but it might make sense to the very odd one. 🙂