Grange Hill Dinner

SuperGoose75

Simple mid week dinner with the addition of Yorkshire puddings. I have 3 or 4 different (YP) recipes but this one is my/our favourite. They are not the large lighter type ,also pictured. But small, airy almost fluffy type. And of cousre onion gravy made with my favourite roast gravy powder that has that delicious oxtail flavour. 

Anyone have a favourite Yorkshire pudding recipe? I mix oil and beef dripping or lard in the muffin tin. My children love them.

Screenshot_20221109-145722_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145135_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145115_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145106_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145056_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Simple mid week dinner with the addition of Yorkshire puddings. I have 3 or 4 different (YP) recipes but this one is my/our favourite. They are not the large lighter type ,also pictured. But small, airy almost fluffy type. And of cousre onion gravy made with my favourite roast gravy powder that has that delicious oxtail flavour. 

Anyone have a favourite Yorkshire pudding recipe? I mix oil and beef dripping or lard in the muffin tin. My children love them.

Screenshot_20221109-145722_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145135_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145115_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145106_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145056_Gallery.jpg

That all looks deeeeelicious 😋😋😋😋

Great to see diversity. I always have Yorkshire puddings on their own, like a starter before the main meal. My Yorkshire pudding tins have never been cleaned in over 40 years, just top up with the left over fat from the previous roast

22 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Never thought about having Yorkshire Pudding with sausage, mash and onion gravy before. Looks lovely.

I have often seen it on the menu in northern parts of England and had it a few times.  It's a nice combination.

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

now..............i have a stement to make........................

WHY .....when chipolarta sausages are made with the same mix from normal big sausages.......do they taste different...!!!

I think it is how far (and how fast) 'in' the different cooking levels go. 

I like my sausages 'well done' and almost crunchy on the outside and well cooked through - and so prefer chipolatas because they cook to my preferred 'well done' level all the way through quickly.  Full size sausages take a lot longer and probably a lower temperature to cook through (to my preferred level).  I do like both types though and generally cook then (both types) in a hot over rather than grill or fry.