Scammed!!!!

steve_b_wales

i saw an advert on Facebook by a company who went by the name of TJ HUGHES. I know of this company because of goods purchased from them a few years ago. Anyway, I placed an order for 6 polo shirts which together with postage came to £37:91. I received an email from them confirming the goods ordered and soon after, another email with a 'tracking' number. They 'trade' as tjwarehousesale. It turns out that (surprise surprise) the company don't exist and they have used a very similar named company in Northern Ireland as their address/phone number. I spoke to the person who's number they have used and she said that her company rating has now only been given 1 star.

After speaking to numerous departments with HSBC they have now cancelled by debit card and are raising a dispute. I was informed that they need to get in contact with the company (good luck with that) and also their bank (good luck again!) and this could take up to 90 days. I'm not bothered as to how long this will take as long as I eventually get a refund. 

Facebook is rife with fake ads. Clothing, mobile games, sunglasses, etc.

Not sure if this is what you did but it’s typically a good idea not visit any website via an ad. If you go via Google then there’s more chance that you’ll be warned that you’re visiting a fake site.

Just now, Genghis said:

Facebook is rife with fake ads. Clothing, mobile games, sunglasses, etc.

Not sure if this is what you did but it’s typically a good idea not visit any website via an ad. If you go via Google then there’s more chance that you’ll be warned that you’re visiting a fake site.

I agree, and did this today after finding out about the 'company'. Strangely enough, I have just received another email from them with the tracking number, stating that the goods are in an 'internationally airport'. Of course they are!!!! 

My son got scammed over a tumble drier. Massive website cloned from a big genuine electrical wholesaler 

Similar story, all the confirmation emails, tracking numbers the lot. Even got the sorry we missed you when we tried to deliver.

Lots of stories down here in Cornwall about people getting scammed on Airbnb. Turning up to holiday homes they have booked only to find the house is been advertised by somebody who did not own it. So easy to get caught these days.

Edited by Vince Green

There is still a departmental store in Liverpool, trading under the name of T.J. Hughes. They have been trading as far back as I can remember and I am nearly 80. They have a website, but I don't do link things, sorry. May be worth dropping them an email, making them aware. 

11 minutes ago, Westley said:

There is still a departmental store in Liverpool, trading under the name of T.J. Hughes. They have been trading as far back as I can remember and I am nearly 80. They have a website, but I don't do link things, sorry. May be worth dropping them an email, making them aware. 

There used to be a large TJ HUGHES department store in Newport south Wales, which I knew closed many years ago, but then these type of companies then trade online. That's what caught me. Their Facebook advert is TJ HUGHES, but their web address is tjwarehousesale.

7 hours ago, mossy835 said:

never been on face book and never will.

Each to their own but there is a lot of good people and good content on facebook, along with a load of idiots and nonsense of course. I don't find it difficult to filter out what I don't want.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 2

SInce I've had a refund off my bank, I have emailed the 'company' asking them the whereabouts of my order. I had a reply whcih was full of apologies together with the same tracking number. I then replied, calling them all the scamming *********** going. A reply to that email was again, full of apologies again and offering me a 'gift'. I replied once again with a few 'words'. I'm waiting for another email off them. :yes:

19 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

UPDATE 2

SInce I've had a refund off my bank, I have emailed the 'company' asking them the whereabouts of my order. I had a reply whcih was full of apologies together with the same tracking number. I then replied, calling them all the scamming *********** going. A reply to that email was again, full of apologies again and offering me a 'gift'. I replied once again with a few 'words'. I'm waiting for another email off them. :yes:

UPDATE 3 & 4

I had another email earlier this morning from 'Dale' and the 'company' stated that they were 'honest'. I replied, 'Of course you are, and I'm the Pope'

Another email just arrived from 'Dolly' who apologised for the 'delay in them delivering my package' and they would 'like to offer me a small gift in appreciation of my custom'. I've pointed out three times that I've had a refund from my bank!