More Green insanity

Weihrauch17

2 hours ago, oowee said:

We are as a species predisposed to greed and self satisfaction

And politicians in general, are not? 

They are supposed to represent the majority, not the tiny woke minority, in a bid to virtue signal themselves back into power. 

Why do you think Labour can't win general elections? 

Trillions

discobob - apologies - you are correct. The UK cannot alter what the rest of the World does. We can be noble and set a moral example, whilst Russia, China, India, Germany etc laugh at us.

I would appreciate a straight answer from those who aspire to "net zero". If we meet that target (I know it will never happen), what effect will that have on the Polar ice cap, greenhouse gases for the planet? How much will the overall temperature of the planet reduce? How are we going to stop the sun getting hotter?

Edited by Gordon R

@Gordon R The IPCC have said that if we hit net zero it would be between 200 years and 1000 years to see a difference!! This is within their latest report apparently in an interview that Richard Tice done - if anyone does watch it I found it highly amusing that the guest - Michael Jacobs (former advisor to Gordon Brown) - in shere rage was causing the table to shake. It was either that or he is one sick puppy....

Edited by discobob

1 hour ago, discobob said:

@Gordon R The IPCC have said that if we hit net zero it would be between 200 years and 1000 years to see a difference!! This is within their latest report apparently in an interview that Richard Tice done - if anyone does watch it I found it highly amusing that the guest - Michael Jacobs (former advisor to Gordon Brown) - in shere rage was causing the table to shake. It was either that or he is one sick puppy....

Oh I watched that video the other day , I so wanted to slap that guy , Gordon Brown did not last long as PM . 

On 18/06/2023 at 10:18, discobob said:

Look forward to your insects and factory produced milk/meat type substances. I commented a couple of weeks ago about the move to register all poultry - once registered.... 200k cattle over three years - what will be the carbon footprint of that I wonder....

I have also heard mutterings about pets... and I am not on about Chickens.... Fido and Felix could be up for the chop in the near future because of their carbon footprint.

Guess who will follow fido and felix?

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

discobob - apologies - you are correct. The UK cannot alter what the rest of the World does. We can be noble and set a moral example, whilst Russia, China, India, Germany etc laugh at us.

I would appreciate a straight answer from those who aspire to "net zero". If we meet that target (I know it will never happen), what effect will that have on the Polar ice cap, greenhouse gases for the planet? How much will the overall temperature of the planet reduce? How are we going to stop the sun getting hotter?

Or the volcanoes from popplng off?

On 18/06/2023 at 15:32, Pushandpull said:

Back with a bit more fatuous rudeness then. Carry on if it makes you feel better. 

Well said on all your points.

Some people really do have little understanding on how our democracy functions. Clarification isn't unreasonable and it works both ways. It's irelevent if you agree with the point being questioned or not.

25 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Has to be a wind-up surely?

I did consider that  !

15 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Oscar nomination right there, if so.

And thats the conclusion I came to , if its a wind up , its very well done indeed.
Personally , I think its a genuine example of a climate 'warrior' :lol:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I did consider that  !

And thats the conclusion I came to , if its a wind up , its very well done indeed.
Personally , I think its a genuine example of a climate 'warrior' :lol:

Given what I have seen of them, she fits the bill.

had the Just Stop Oil twonks go past my building last Friday in the City of London, causing the usual havoc. More old bill than yoghurt knitters.