How much??

walshie

After a bit of not-very enthusiastic off-roading last week, I managed to do this to the side step on my truck.

IMG_20230612_092520600_S.jpg.6c433f34a3f8b1d1b87cfd22225987be.jpg

Toyota UK couldn't be bothered to answer my email about a replacement and a quick drive to my nearest Toyota dealer wasn't much help. One guy told me this wasn't the standard side step on a Hilux (even though it's on every one I've seen). Another told me it must have been a special order from the factory, or it was an aftermarket one  - until I told them I bought the truck new from them. Pages of parts diagrams yielded nothing but they persevered and phoned me today with a price for a new one.

Approx figures - Step £600, brackets £260, end caps £50, rubber step pads £50, fitting £120 all plus VAT!! 

A grand for a tube of obviously not very strong steel. A grand! :cry1:

take the good one off and take it to a good fabricating company and they will make you up a really decent set of rock sliders out of stainless steel for a fraction of the cost and will be twice as good...............

you would be surprised at what proper fabricators can do....dont forget its their job...

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

take the good one off and take it to a good fabricating company and they will make you up a really decent set of rock sliders out of stainless steel for a fraction of the cost and will be twice as good...............

you would be surprised at what proper fabricators can do....dont forget its their job...

Good idea 💡 👏 👌 

11 hours ago, walshie said:

After a bit of not-very enthusiastic off-roading last week, I managed to do this to the side step on my truck.

IMG_20230612_092520600_S.jpg.6c433f34a3f8b1d1b87cfd22225987be.jpg

Toyota UK couldn't be bothered to answer my email about a replacement and a quick drive to my nearest Toyota dealer wasn't much help. One guy told me this wasn't the standard side step on a Hilux (even though it's on every one I've seen). Another told me it must have been a special order from the factory, or it was an aftermarket one  - until I told them I bought the truck new from them. Pages of parts diagrams yielded nothing but they persevered and phoned me today with a price for a new one.

Approx figures - Step £600, brackets £260, end caps £50, rubber step pads £50, fitting £120 all plus VAT!! 

A grand for a tube of obviously not very strong steel. A grand! 

Try Arbil ltd. 

Also trade as ARB 4 x4. 

As the plastic bits seem to be undamaged, you should, with care, be able to recover those, then, as ditchie says, take it to a half decent stainless fabricator or you could probably do it yourself if you can braze or weld.