Norwich

harrycatcat1

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Having a few days just south of Norwich,  recommend me a nice beach please ⛱️  that I can take the dog on and chill for a few hours after breakfast 

Some of the main beaches have restrictions this time of the year when you can take your dog on the beach but I think you will be fine if you went North and South of Yarmouth , a morning like today would be lovely if you went South of the Pleasure Beach and North of the Waterways , Then if you went anywhere else Northwards you would be fine .

Hope you enjoy your short stay and try the fish and chips at either Wells or Cromer , far better than two tins of Beans piled up on the same plate with a family fry up balanced on the top :drinks:

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Having a few days just south of Norwich,  recommend me a nice beach please ⛱️  that I can take the dog on and chill for a few hours after breakfast 

Holkham/Wells next the Sea.

You can imagine the pinks drifting over the pines.

21 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Some of the main beaches have restrictions this time of the year when you can take your dog on the beach but I think you will be fine if you went North and South of Yarmouth , a morning like today would be lovely if you went South of the Pleasure Beach and North of the Waterways , Then if you went anywhere else Northwards you would be fine .

Hope you enjoy your short stay and try the fish and chips at either Wells or Cromer , far better than two tins of Beans piled up on the same plate with a family fry up balanced on the top :drinks:

dont they call the beaches north of the pleasure beach "the denes"...................i think cromer is a no no for dogs now...something like "only after september"...just got to be so careful now....

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Holkham/Wells next the Sea.

You can imagine the pinks drifting over the pines.

If there is a better place then I haven't come across it , sheer bliss , this was when the bus pass come in handy , I have walked from Holkham to Wells many times and another good one is from Blakeney to Cley , then when the walk is over pop into the N N T and treat yourself to a nice cup of tea and a scone or a bacon roll , sit near the pamoranic windows and watch the birdlife on the salt marshes with the free bins or telescopes , well worth giving it a go.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

dont they call the beaches north of the pleasure beach "the denes"...................i think cromer is a no no for dogs now...something like "only after september"...just got to be so careful now....

Yes you are right , the North denes , even got a school named after it , in the hot weather you do get the odd report about a dog got bit by a Adder on the Denes , there you go , another bit of useless information :good:

11 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Thanks everyone but I set off on the A47 and got stuck in a queue of none moving traffic for ages so turned back a now sat in the hotel garden contemplating a pint of Stella 😉😉😉👍👍

Was  a tractor involved?

Try east runton. 

Dog poo heaven. 

Kids digging on the beach dogs weeing every where. 

Count the dog poo bags hanging in the bushes as you go down the steps to the beach. 

Another pastime how far can  they throw dog poo bags up the cliff.. 

Awful place.