Country Cover Club

Dougy

I have not long received an email from C3 asking for my feedback on the additional payments of £25 per year for the below. 

They maybe picking up where other organisations seem to be dropping. 

Anyone else with C3 ?

C³ Legal Expenses Insurance provides cover for:

Professional Legal Fees incurred as a result of the suspending, revoking, curtailing, altering the terms of or refusing to renew the Member's firearm or shotgun certificate / licence(s) provided to the member in accordance with legislation current at the time of issue.

They currently offer legal expenses for certificate issues as part of their package. Now, however, it seems they are about to either pull out of the legal expenses element, or only make it available for an extra fee.  In other words, they seem to be about to go down the same route as most shooting organisations already have. I expect this is because the cost of the insurance has rocketed.

I took advantage of the legal expense cover as it stated that all new policies taken out before 31st July would have £100000 of legal cover included. Today I received an email stating that this cover would only be £25000 for any policy started prior to 31st and after this date, would be at an additional charge.

Tried ringing to get an explanation but phone goes straight to a poor quality answer phone.

chairman

Renewed my membership on 30th July. This was 2 weeks early to maintain legal expenses.

Certificate says £100,000 legal expenses included.

Lady was very helpful returning my call on Saturday afternoon ,even though I did not leave a message.

Even got a £3 off premium for early renewal.

They are looking to get a better deal on the Legal expenses cover but had to react to a sudden withdrawal of cover by provider.

Let’s not judge them too harshly and see what evolves.

Had a reply regarding my policy that should have included, as advertised, £100K legal expenses, to be told that it is only £25K.

when I pointed out that the offer was for the larger amount, I was told that under their terms and conditions, they could vary the amount when necessary and that the new lower amount was agreed with the underwriter on 1st August.

I then pointed out that their advert was incorrect and should not have stated the terms and conditions to obtain the higher amount and as everything was done correctly within the time limit, it could be considered to be false advertising.

it was then stated that the web site was changed on the 18th July to the lower terms but when I pointed out that the advert was still showing the higher amount on the 25th the only answer given was to offer a £3.00 discount or full refund.

chairman