Dacia Duster keyfob battery

steve_b_wales

I've just replaced the battery in the keyfob and now the remote/starting the engine doesn't work. The spare battery (I had from new 2 years ago and has not been used) works okay, but I wanted to keep the other keyfob as a spare. I've looked on Youtube etc and tried various methods that have worked for some, but not for me. The dealership charges around £140 to 'reprogram' the keyfob.

Does anyone own a Duster etc and had trouble after changing the battery?

4 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've just replaced the battery in the keyfob and now the remote/starting the engine doesn't work. The spare battery (I had from new 2 years ago and has not been used) works okay, but I wanted to keep the other keyfob as a spare. I've looked on Youtube etc and tried various methods that have worked for some, but not for me. The dealership charges around £140 to 'reprogram' the keyfob.

Steve I have a 2019  , but never changed the battery yet , there is a couple of Facebook groups. On the  Duster 

1 minute ago, johnphilip said:

Steve I have a 2019  , but never changed the battery yet , there is a couple of Facebook groups. On the  Duster 

Thanks John. I only changed the battery because I noticed at times that I had to press the fob more than once to lock/unlock the car. I am now using the spare fob that I had with the vehicle, but my first one is not working at all.

I've just checked the Dacia owners website to see if anyone can help, and I'll also check on Facebook.

Well, first off, I tried a SONY 2032 battery and it didn't work. I then tried a Duracell battery that I purchased to use in one of my NV rigs, and that too, didn't work. I've tried various suggestionsbut they didn't work either. I then refitted the SONY battery and the fob (so far) is now working! I can't explain why it didn't work the first time, and all batteries tried were inserted the correct way. 

Fingers crossed that's the end of this saga! 

Thanks to all who commented etc. I appreciate it very much.

Steve.

On 14/09/2023 at 13:49, steve_b_wales said:

I had a problem with my keys sticking in the egnition lock to the point where I couldn't start my car , this was on my last car and not on my new one and as you say the keys are very expensive to get cut and reprogramed in , the chap who repair my motor reccomend a mobile motor locksmith , I rang him up Saturday morning and he came to mine in the afternoon , he got this fancy key with little prongs on and started my motor in a minute , he moved it to the middle of my driveway and then took the barrel out , he took a small piece off that was catching and then checked the keys , both were worn out and the new one I had cut from Timpsons was cut from my key that was already half worn instead of putting in the various numbers and cutting it from scratch , so this chap cut me two brand new keys from his cumputerised key cutter and put my chips in the new ones , he put my barrel back and they had never worked as well since I have had that motor , with the call out , taking the barrel out and repairing it and then supply and cut two new keys the bill was £90 and I gave him a extra fiver . well worth enquiring if you have got a similar mobile locksmith in your area ,   MM