Veggies with meals

JohnfromUK

I have always been an 'omnivore' in that I eat meat, fish, poultry, game, dairy products and most things apart from eggs - which don't agree with me.  But I was always brought up with a generous selection of veggies on offer - something I have made a habit of through in own cooking.  This was tonights 'Sunday roast for one', being a chicken breast stuffed with 'perked up' Paxo and wrapped in bacon, a Cumberland sausage - and ......... veggies.

95BDFBB5-8B48-4136-B8EA-6C237CEF03AE_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have always been an 'omnivore' in that I eat meat, fish, poultry, game, and most things apart from eggs - which don't agree with me.  But I was always brought up with a generous selection of veggies on offer - something I have made a habit of through in own cooking.  This was tonights 'Sunday roast for one', being a chicken breast stuffed with 'perked up' Paxo and wrapped in bacon, a Cumberland sausage - and ......... veggies.

Thats the way to go, a bit of everything.

Blackpowder

For lunch today, my wife dished up carrots, broccoli, courgettes, cauliflower and spinach, with the roasties and duck.

All freshly picked from the garden planters, except for the spuds and duck.

We had finished all our homegrown new potatoes last month and the sweet corn last week.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have always been an 'omnivore' in that I eat meat, fish, poultry, game, dairy products and most things apart from eggs - which don't agree with me.  But I was always brought up with a generous selection of veggies on offer - something I have made a habit of through in own cooking.  This was tonights 'Sunday roast for one', being a chicken breast stuffed with 'perked up' Paxo and wrapped in bacon, a Cumberland sausage - and ......... veggies.

👍👍👍👍😋😋😋😋😋

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside; cooked in a very hot oven.

Looks perfect to me 👍😄 Check out Harry's attempts at cooking sausages 🙈😲 ,,,, actually, his cooking in general 😖🤭🤣🤣🤣

I have to laugh at the antagonists one can just about rustle up some oven chips with sliced up beef and the tuther puts some fruit and veg in a liquidiser chucks it on a plate and carves a French stick up and calls it a meal. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I look forward to more atrocities from them 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉