T-shirt weather

yickdaz

Not often you get to wear a t-shirt  in October in 70 degree weather, birds still on an old stubble ankle heigh with weed and re grown barley seed  set up at 1pm enjoyed a nice afternoon popping pigeons  it was steady never hectic they dried up at 3.30pm  ended with 46 and a magpie 

20231007_162330.jpg.b6f29b71f9ac1dc6de0ff8119a3018f2.jpg

Nice one Daz , better to mump about the heat this time of the year than the cold , bit on the humid side down this way and the windy conditions we had yesterday had died down to next to nothing , all in all it wasn't a bad day , took my gun and the gear because they had done some drilling Thursday but on arrival there was nothing , not even a few Crows , left my car near the field and went for a walk for around an hour and when getting back to my motor the field was no different from when I left it so it was left in peace and the afternoon ended up a total blank .

1 hour ago, yickdaz said:

And I use feet inches and yards  😉

We have never used anything else , we can still get a pint of beer and a pint of shrimps , half a stone of spuds from the corner shop and then pay with a ten bob note , pity we can't get a box of cartridges like we used to for 12 / 6d :lol: 

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice one Daz , better to mump about the heat this time of the year than the cold , bit on the humid side down this way and the windy conditions we had yesterday had died down to next to nothing , all in all it wasn't a bad day , took my gun and the gear because they had done some drilling Thursday but on arrival there was nothing , not even a few Crows , left my car near the field and went for a walk for around an hour and when getting back to my motor the field was no different from when I left it so it was left in peace and the afternoon ended up a total blank .

this was the same with me yesterday.new drillings but nothing but nothing about,

13 hours ago, mossy835 said:

this was the same with me yesterday.new drillings but nothing but nothing about,

Conditions around here for drilling is excellent , if anything it is to dry , the spud gangs have now gone and it must had been the easiest time they have had , dry nearly every day , today we passed a gang cutting the Maise down and the conditions were perfect with the ground bone dry.

8 hours ago, old'un said:

All the birds around here seem to want the acorns, the oak trees are full of pigeons, shot 8 last Thursday, all crammed full of acorns.

I don't dis believe it as the Oak trees are full of acorns and also the Horse Chesnuts seem full of chesnuts , don't know about Beech mast as we haven't got many Beech trees .