Weather warning (again)

ditchman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Hosepipe ban as from tomorrow .............all area ....would you adam &eve it:w00t:

Yesterday I went and walked around the estate and was wondering what all the fuss was about , very little wind , bone dry and fairly mild which would had made a nice game shooting day , then during the night the flood gates opened up above , sat there having a cup of tea this morning before taking the dog out and the wind had got up along with the heavy rain , stuck the waterproofs on and the water ran off my Barbour Northumbria and nigh on filled my water boots up , so getting home the first job my wife done was to give the dog a good ole rub down and put his food out , when she saw me leaving a wet foot print over the kitchen floor all she said was get them socks off before you catch a cold and that was it , the dog was nice and dry , or dryish , well fed and the bread winner had to get his own socks .

As the day went on if anything the rain got worse and some of our roads were getting waterlogged and the rain was relentless , had a little walk around my crescent dinnertime and yes you guessed my feet got wet again , then around 5 pm it started to ease up and back out again for a longer walk down the marsh and what a sight , just about every marsh was flooded to some extent and I would have known the time when I would have whipped back home and got my gun and there would had been a good chance the seasons first Wigeon would had been bagged , but not tonight as I don't intend to make a start till early November , and as a bonus I got home with dry feet .:good:

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

you maybe right ditchy there a water main busted 1/2 a mile from me thats been spewing clean water 6ft into to air all day😁 

just to add i got my latest water bill from anglian water.....im very careful of my usage.....my bill was for over 50bloody tonnes...50,000litres :w00t:

phoned anglian water said it wasnt there problem as the meter was red twice....i ordered a check ....so the bloke came a week later...5 mins later he knocked on my door...said the fault was ontheir side a splite in the metre.....so i said can you read the meter ...he said no...as it was underwater...

when will you dig it up and repair........oooohhhhhh.....we are very busy at the moment ...it will be at least 6 weeks

my bungalow is going to be floating down the road soon:lol: