Weather warning (again)

ditchman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Big weather warning for tomorrow for storm Babet..............are they right ?.........they have the most powerful computer in the world....so it must be true !!

Now updated to FOUR days of Yellow warnings instead of two and the rainfall could now be up to 150 mil ( 6 inches in ole money ) and not the 1 1/2 they first forecasted , so I would make that two bottles of the finest Red just in case you are marooned for a few days :good:

28 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Red weather warning now.................getting near the rainbow flag  now 

next weather warning will proberly be ..."delicate shade of duck egg blue"...

It does sort of leave them with nowhere to go. What they gonna do if we get something to actually worry about like a hurricane or something.

Knowing my luck I'd probably see a red warning and think we were having another shower get melted by a volcano ora meteorite or something 😂🌋

On 14/10/2023 at 22:39, ShootingEgg said:

Why is it we suddenly seem to have warnings, is it the new way of forecasting. A few years back it would just be, rain on Sunday, frost Monday morning. Now it's warning water falling from the skies!!

All about the suing culture, if Doris's washing gets rained on she can sue for psychobabble treatment for her extreme distress?

well ive made it thro the night.....Babet has done its worst .....i have been blown silly...(that dosnt soundright)....with a pleasant mild breeze and my body has been lashed with a small ammount of wet drizzle for 10 mins

thank god for the weather service.....i was so well prepared..

John Kettley ....all is forgiven

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

well ive made it thro the night.....Babet has done its worst .....i have been blown silly...(that dosnt soundright)....with a pleasant mild breeze and my body has been lashed with a small ammount of wet drizzle for 10 mins

thank god for the weather service.....i was so well prepared..

John Kettley ....all is forgiven

Well we got through the night with a reasonable blow and some rain , this morning I walked across the marshes to the river and back and it was just a normal October morning , sitting here and looking out of the window it is dry with a little wind , a bit like myself :lol:

We are on the border line of the amber /yellow warning it was windy last night now the rains pouring down and plat containers blown about take come sorting out after its blown itself out 

1 minute ago, Centrepin said:

and now you have a smile on your face and £20 lighter.

😇🤣🤣

Thought he paid extra for that ??. 🤣😂

This trace pretty much carries on from where the previous one (above in the thread) finished.  Not the lowest I have seen, but a longish (Weds a.m. to Friday a.m. (now) and not yet rising. 

We aren't in a storm warning area at all, but have had over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours, and many minor roads are covered in standing water from overflowing ditches.  This mornings dog walk was wet!

2AFAD91C-0925-4B3F-A2CE-0D1D07B3A8C1_1_102_o.jpeg

On 18/10/2023 at 14:51, old man said:

All about the suing culture, if Doris's washing gets rained on she can sue for psychobabble treatment for her extreme distress?

No, it's all about upping the ante on 'CLIMATE CHANGE 😩 and how it's going to kill us all.

17 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

This trace pretty much carries on from where the previous one (above in the thread) finished.  Not the lowest I have seen, but a longish (Weds a.m. to Friday a.m. (now) and not yet rising. 

We aren't in a storm warning area at all, but have had over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours, and many minor roads are covered in standing water from overflowing ditches.  This mornings dog walk was wet!

2AFAD91C-0925-4B3F-A2CE-0D1D07B3A8C1_1_102_o.jpeg

Strong high above Scandinavia slowing the storming, so that most of its rain falls on us.