Birmingham City and Wayne Rooney

Gordon R

Are there any Birmingham City fans on here who think this is a good appointment? They sacked someone who seemed to be doing a decent job and appointed a formerly decent footballer. 

Outside football, Wayne is mainly known for his usage of professional ladies and an inability to stay sober. I can't help thinking that the appointment is based on a high media profile, rather than genuine ability. His track record as a manager is okay, but hardly inspiring. 

Personally, I don't think he will last the season. Another Ryan Giggs - excellent footballer, less than excellent human being.

It's one of the dafter sackings that have gone on recently - probably second only to Bournemouth getting rid of Gary O'neil. Rooney's a glamour signing that wasn't needed. His managerial style suits teams under the cosh more than a team with playoff aspirations. Time will tell, but it seems harsh on the old manager who'd done pretty well thus far

Doesn't make much sense to me. He's going to be on significantly more money than the previous manager, plus whatever they had to pay him to leave. Is it really affordable for a second rate team in what is arguably the most competitive league in club football? I suppose they are banking on the big name of Rooney being able to draw in some higher profile players, a formula that fails as often as it works. I feel sorry for John eustace, but I'm sure he's shown enough to attract the attention of some more worthy employers. As a villa fan, I wish him all the success of his previous managemental ventures.

Edited by adzyvilla
auto correct and lack of attention