Something I scraped together 🙋

JKD

Duck breast [Gressingham,,,, sorry] mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and cabbage, red wine, shallot and garlic jus/sauce. Had to use up the 2nd duck breast after my attempt at a Japanese concoction last night, so did something ad-hoc 😁 It was quite tasty, if I say so myself 😆

20231104_200605.jpg.07fe420771e647d8a6f9fe62fcfbf240.jpg

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that looks really nice.................some asparagus would go well with that........

Cheers,,,, was trying to keep it simple. Hasn't the asparagus season finished ?

21 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

that looks very nice.

Thanks, it was very nice 😋

47 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

duck looks perfectly cooked.

Thanks 👍 Only the 3rd time I've ever cooked duck,,,, just go by cooking instructions and instinct 😀 It was very tender,,,, resting meat after cooking is very important, especially with duck, I'm finding out 🙂

3 hours ago, Robden said:

Looks good.

The trouble with these "ad-hoc" dishes is, they are hard to repeat.

Cheers,,,, I was going to do something really fancy, but the recipes I found were way beyond my abilities, so I did something I'm used to 😁 This was a variation of my steak dinners,,,, with mash instead of boiled and cabbage in place of leeks.

Also, the title was a subtle dig at another member's previous comment 😜

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Duc Du Ad Hoc!   :good:

Looks bloody good to me, do you think Harry is looking in?   

Cheers TC,,,, I do love 'spur of the moment' dinner ideas 😀 There was a choice of beef, lamb, chicken, pork, SCAMPI 🤭 or duck,,,,  so duck it was 😋 Oh and,,,, who cares 🤷🤣

4 minutes ago, Gameking said:

Very nice , duck looks nice and pink - maybe a decent glass of Malbec to drink  ?

Thanks, yes it was pink, and very tender 😊 Unfortunately I don't like to drink red wine, but love it in cooking 🤷😃 Love the aroma, same with port, just don't like the taste 😕

9 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Looks very nice and I have to say, much more suited to me than the Japanese one.  I love Indian food, but the other eastern cuisines are not my favourites.

Thanks John, appreciated 👍 TBH I just like trying out different meals, wherever they've originated from. The Japanese dish looked great [I eat with my eyes] and was simple to create, but,,,, I prefer Thai food over Chinese and I do love Indian grub 😃