Sea fishing again

team tractor

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

It’s been a little cold wet and a tad windy here but I managed to get out and get a couple 😊

What did you have ? 

26 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Sounds like fun,  I didn’t ocean fish this year as North Carolina limited flounder season to one a day in September.  Didn’t see it worth it.  Probably head that way in the springtime 

I’m 100 miles + from the coast so wish I lived closer . 

I used to love sea fishing and in my early days it was a toss up between shooting and fishing , I was lucky I was able to do both but it was very time consuming with shooting all day Saturday and taking fishing parties out on the Sunday , if we had a full crew of eight we never had enough room to fish ourselves so we would drop a long line on the way out and pick it up on the way back so we had some fish to take home , these were mainly Cod or Whiting, this alone often involved being out for nine or ten hours , still our marriage survived and shooting won the day , but like all forms of field sports you need to live close to your shooting or fishing grounds and have the time to go at a moments notice to get the best out of the sport and I admire those hardy folk who travel long distance to take part in a few hours fishing or shooting .  MM

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Well done on the whiting there is a few Cod getting caught in the channel but you would be better off fishing the open sea by the white light on the beachimage.jpeg.a583202ab83e67d2588732992e6ffb07.jpeg

It’s a blooming big walk 😂

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done TT, where is the photo taken from, ?

Burnham by the yacht club 

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

I used to love sea fishing and in my early days it was a toss up between shooting and fishing , I was lucky I was able to do both but it was very time consuming with shooting all day Saturday and taking fishing parties out on the Sunday , if we had a full crew of eight we never had enough room to fish ourselves so we would drop a long line on the way out and pick it up on the way back so we had some fish to take home , these were mainly Cod or Whiting, this alone often involved being out for nine or ten hours , still our marriage survived and shooting won the day , but like all forms of field sports you need to live close to your shooting or fishing grounds and have the time to go at a moments notice to get the best out of the sport and I admire those hardy folk who travel long distance to take part in a few hours fishing or shooting .  MM

Living smack in the middle of England is a pain in the back side . I have all the Munty /pigeon/bunny  etc I could need but that’s it . 
we were at the bridgewater carnival with my parents too so it’s worth while . I just love the coast . 

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Just up the road from my house 😂

Lucky Lucky you 👍

6 hours ago, team tractor said:

Living smack in the middle of England is a pain in the back side . I have all the Munty /pigeon/bunny  etc I could need but that’s it . 
we were at the bridgewater carnival with my parents too so it’s worth while . I just love the coast . 

hello, a chap i know son lives in bristol and fishes all the Bristol Channel down to Burnham and gets some cracking fish, he goes after a westerly storm

6 hours ago, team tractor said:

I think wherever you live have advantages and disadvantages  TT , in the Winter the coast can often be a bleak place and not everyone's idea of a nice day out , I also love it and I don't think the sea fishing is as popular as it once was , this time of the year you used to see the Tilley lamps all the way along the beach and on a Sunday you might had seen 15 to 20 inshore boats fishing , my brothers boat had a eco sounder inside the cabin and we would go a mile or so out into the North sea , the tide can be very fast and you would often reel in and didn't know you had a fair size fish on the hook , it can be very cold just sitting there on a cold day and I can well remember a young lad we had on board and he was warming his hands in his pockets as it was bitterly cold , he sat there watching his boat rod when all of a sudden it knocked on the tip and then bent right over , as he was getting his hands out of his pocket the rod went over the side of the boat and we never saw it again , all we could put it down to was either a very big fish , or a Seal had took a fish that was hooked and swam away with the rod trailing behind it , the look on the lads face was one of sheer amazement and he no doubt told all his friends about the one that got away .   MM

14 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Been out again today had a terrible 2 mile drive to get to the spot 🙄

anyway managed to catch dinner 

kept two and put the rest back lots of small ones about even caught two at a time 😂

IMG_8826.jpeg

IMG_8825.jpeg

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8817.jpeg

A couple of nice spikeys there looking at that mud it's like the upper Bristol Channel 

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Even flounder are very pale, Ive caught plenty of hand size turbot but no parent fish, trying long range and deeper water on one rod and short on the other

And possibly staler bait anyway here’s today’s effort had to drive a whole 1 1/2 miles the other way today as the wind is up a bit 😊

IMG_8835.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

And possibly staler bait anyway here’s today’s effort had to drive a whole 1 1/2 miles the other way today as the wind is up a bit 😊

IMG_8835.jpeg

I see thats whys theres none up north, your catching em all down there, has the recent gales helped, and whats this about stale baits

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I see thats whys theres none up north, your catching em all down there, has the recent gales helped, and whats this about stale baits

Turbot arnt a great lover of fresh bait in this area 

frozen thawed out mackerel will out fish fresh along with frozen sandeel 

however areas vary a lot