wrtten permission

mossy835

Sure I read in BASC magazine they did some training  in firearms  with police forces and the MET police took part.

Seems this was a waste of time for BASC and the Met (sorry cant say about other forces ) 

Think every force needs a  person with some shooting  history behind them.

Edited by bottletopbill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

button I fully agree with you but as so many have said before me it does not pay to annoy them.

This is where BASC and other's need to challenge  and defend  there members and ask for one firearms policy for every police form to use. 

Like I say each to there own but if something is imposed for no good reason and outwith HO guidelines, by going along with you are becoming part of the problem when really it should be challenged 

If an officer stopped you for speeding and you knew full well you wasn’t, would you accept or challenge?

30 minutes ago, button said:

Like I say each to there own but if something is imposed for no good reason and outwith HO guidelines, by going along with you are becoming part of the problem when really it should be challenged 

If an officer stopped you for speeding and you knew full well you wasn’t, would you accept or challenge?

^^This

Tell you what, if I had a request to keep records of when, where and what I shot I would want to know why, and even if I had to comply eventually I would not take it lying down.

22 minutes ago, old'un said:

^^This

Tell you what, if I had a request to keep records of when, where and what I shot I would want to know why, and even if I had to comply eventually I would not take it lying down.

The officer reading the records would need a lie down by the time he had finished some peoples.

On 16/11/2023 at 16:06, mossy835 said:

reading on BASC web site,written permmission is a new requirement verbal permission is no longer permitted,did i read it right or not.

I have been asked by a PW member to comment on this thread. I think the webpage may have been as follows regarding BASC advice on shooting agreements and leases:

https://basc.org.uk/gamekeeping/advice/shooting-leases-and-shooting-agreements/

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2023 at 17:39, button said:

That's not really the issue unfortunately

The question is not "would you challenge it ?"  

The question is what it the likelihood that your challenge would be successful? 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

That's not really the issue unfortunately

The question is not "would you challenge it ?"  

The question is what it the likelihood that your challenge would be successful? 

Well if you don’t challenge how will you know?