Goose Shooting

levelplaying

I have been asked to get rid of a large number of geese who have become an issue for a local golf club. They congregate by a small lake in the middle of the course and the club is surrounded by private homes.

They need to be taken before 8.00am in the morning. Sorry for asking, but what would you use to shoot them with. Noise for obvious reasons is a factor.

Thanks in anticipation

Assuming the following:

1) They're Canadas;

2) There's a lot of them;

3) You'll be shooting at ranges more than a few metres; and

4) You're not used to using an air rifle on such a large bird.

My two penn'th I'd go with the Hushpower .410, full-choke, heaviest load you can buy and aim at the head.

44 minutes ago, levelplaying said:

I have been asked to get rid of a large number of geese who have become an issue for a local golf club. They congregate by a small lake in the middle of the course and the club is surrounded by private homes.

They need to be taken before 8.00am in the morning. Sorry for asking, but what would you use to shoot them with. Noise for obvious reasons is a factor.

Thanks in anticipation

Big steel if using a shotgun.

On 24/11/2023 at 11:48, Weihrauch17 said:

Sounds like a load of grief to me.  

You took the words out of my mouth , it don't really matter what gun or ammo the op is advised to use ,you cannot kill cleanly everything you shoot at , have the op got a good enough dog to bring back a big ole wounded gander over water? , and how will the home owners react if or when they see someone shooting at the geese they might had been feeding , I honestly would not touch them with a barge pole and I have shot plenty of geese in my time , if I was the op I would enquire all the facts from a bona fide pest control company and then to keep the peace I would no doubt end up letting them sort them out .    MM