Vintage Air rile

Nublue 22

41 minutes ago, Nublue 22 said:

I would normally tell you to look it up in a dictionary, but this is probably a little difficult for you, so I have, denoting somthing from the past of high quality, remember you can all ask a neighbour. 

That sort of reply will go down well, not.

I only wanted to know in what era you may have been interested.

But,

In this instance, I will not be offering you any of my quality vintage rifles from the 80’s, 70’s, 60’s, 50’s, 30’s, 20’s or pre First World War.

Edited by London Best

Right it's not supposed to upset folk, sorry it's just a little close to the bone, but if you have any old air guns or somthing vintage, just send me a PM, price and where you are and I'll say no or yes. I can't see why people  ask me to explain a post, it looks a prity straight forward quastion. All the best, 

I have a vintage air rifle, however it is not valuable to me. 

Take a 1960 Jag to the scrappy and he'll tell you it's worth £150. Take the same jag to an enthusiasts club and it could be worth £50,000.

Knowing your value is so important, but also knowing what circle you are in also counts. You suggest it was prity straight forward (sic), however the dialog that followed showed you were too ambiguous. Maybe start again with what you are looking for and people may be more receptive. A rough location geographically that you are happy with face to face or if you're wanting postage will make a difference. 

I would suggest if you are looking for help in a wanted section it's best to not be obtuse. You can look that word up in the dictionary also, if it is not clear and not too difficult. (If you do take offence to that, maybe reflect on your previous post and realise why maybe it's sometimes better to be kind than being egregiously loquacious)

Good luck with your search.

Nu blue I read this thread from the start and thought your comments were bang out of order... I am very pleased to see you as an adult thinking about their flippant comment which was badly revieved and taking it on the chin... I now have more respect for you than if you hadn't made the flippant comment in the first place... this gives me hope us shooting folk can continue to do what we do and be a brother/sisterhood even if we have squabbles.. I salute you.. and let's keep this diminishing club going as long as we can!

On 05/12/2023 at 15:46, London Best said:

I only wanted to know in what era you may have been interested.

But,

In this instance, I will not be offering you any of my quality vintage rifles from the 80’s, 70’s, 60’s, 50’s, 30’s, 20’s or pre First World War.

good answer fella👍

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh come on Mel, get with the verbosenis of it all.      

See , now I know what verbosenis means . It's something to do with baking cakes. . .  Im not just a pretty face yknow  😁.