The Great British Shooting Show.

Is anyone going to the above this February? I am debating on going there, but I'll be on my own in my car. There would be room for 3 other's living in the Mid Glamorgan (CF39) area, all I ask is to share the fuel costs, which won't be a lot. Obviously, we don't all live in the same area, but I'm sure I/We could arrange something. I plan to go on the Saturday (Feb 24th)

Edited by steve_b_wales

23 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Is anyone going to the above this February? I am debating on going there, but I'll be on my own in my car. There would be room for 3 other's living in the Mid Glamorgan (CF39) area, all I ask is to share the fuel costs, which won't be a lot. Obviously, we don't all live in the same area, but I'm sure I/We could arrange something. I plan to go on the Wednesday (Feb 24th)

its Friday to Sunday mate  feb 24th is a Saturday.  next Wednesday is the 24th but youre a month early.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dougy said:

I'll be there Sat with a couple of odd balls, no doubt it will be full of the usual YouTube celebs doing their reviews on all the stands.

Steve if you do go will you be wearing full Camo ? 

I'm not going now. Too expensive driving there on my own and back, plus, most are saying it's not worth the entry fee. 

28 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

You should have said yesterday, Russ, as I've just changed shifts in work and I'm now in the weekend.😉

I was only joking mate - it would have been miles out of your way.

Edited by browning123

i went on the sunday with a few pals. was a day out but the event itself was meh.

its really not as big as the videos and the advertising says it is. about half of it is only loosely related to shooting like magic boot polishing, knife sharpening, whittling and carving or charcuterie. whats left is the major brands that arnt actually selling just letting you have a look with your hands.

could of probably fit the whole thing int a decent sized sports hall and then maybe the price for stands wouldnt make it a loss for businesses actually selling shooting gear. wonder how many people put their name down for an african safari or a top of the range landrover defender this weekend.

still, its a shooting related day away with the lads. so it was still a good day.

Edited by Sweet11-87

I was there with Premier Guns, as usual...

busiest year we've had since I started working the show in 2017. Roughly 150 guns sold over 3 days. Saturday was absolutely rammed.

yes, there was a handful of stalls that weren't particularly shooting related (knife sharpening, boot cleaning, fold out stools etc) but I actually thought it was far more shooting focused than some previous years.

if next year is similar, I'll be happy

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/02/2024 at 23:47, brett1985 said:

I was there with Premier Guns, as usual...

busiest year we've had since I started working the show in 2017. Roughly 150 guns sold over 3 days. Saturday was absolutely rammed.

yes, there was a handful of stalls that weren't particularly shooting related (knife sharpening, boot cleaning, fold out stools etc) but I actually thought it was far more shooting focused than some previous years.

if next year is similar, I'll be happy

We went the Sunday and thought it was quiet. You are right with the non shooting stands, the shoe shine stand is always there and at the game fair, alot of people buy and use it for them to always come back I guess..

Knife sharpening is always good for the stalkers, fold out stools for people sat in hides maybe?? Just trying to make it shooting related 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2024 at 15:33, Genghis said:

I went yesterday. I thought the Friday would been the slowest day but it was rammed. I enjoyed the day and had a good few conversations. I’ll be going again next year.

Just to add to this.

A lot of stands had QR codes that you could scan to enter various competitions. I made a point of scanning every one that I passed. It paid off because I ended up winning an EBA XV2-RS air rifle worth £500. I don't shoot air rifles at all so it was immediately sold, but it was a nice surprise still.