Ku ku Wali (and some)

ditchman

when i lived in the dark continant...my cook Abdu used to do this for me at least once/week and it was bloody georgeous.....no spices....herbs...oil  ...fat

just 5 ingredients 

1. tin of beans
  2. 1/2 tin copped toms
  3. one onion
  4. chicken stock cube
  5. 2 chick thighs

my tummy went....waheeyyyy..:yahoo:............very easy to digest and it dosnt make you feel bloated and it does you good...:good:

P1010022cw.jpg

P1010023cw.jpg

P1010024cw.jpg

51 minutes ago, alan123shooting said:

That looks very tasty 

it was......the chicken was really tender...it made the gravy tasty and smooth.....no pepper or salt....everything just worked together well

27 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

How long and how hot to cook for ditchy recon that would work with some pheasant breasts ?

Agriv8

180-200 deg (fan oven) set the timer for 1 hour.............the spinach needs a bit of pepper&salt....rekon they would work ok for pheasant...fry them off with any skin or fat from the bird...lay them in the casserole dish...mix the stock cube up with a mug ful of boiling water and pour it into the pan with the fried onion...simmer for a couple of mins and add to the casserole dish.....and top up with some more boiling water from the kettle until it is nearly covered......chuck inthe oven for an hour and dont fiddle with it..it will be fine

9 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Look like red kidney beans.

yup ordinary red kids'

37 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

How long and how hot to cook for ditchy recon that would work with some pheasant breasts ?

Agriv8

leave it on the bone..................it might work better with the leg/thigh cut......pluck it dont skin it and fry it off......

let me know how it goes

I have been reading up on some of your creations and even though some are not to my liking with having a delicate stomach I must say your cooking skills are way above my level , I do have a go at Shepherds Pie and various bits and pieces but going past or coming past M + S more or less every day I do tend to buy there meals for one , or if it for two then I have the other half a couple of days later , mind you I am on our beaters day tomorrow and I did buy a couple of packets of M + S sandwiches tonight that had been reduced so what I leave my dog will soon finish them off :lol:

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I have been reading up on some of your creations and even though some are not to my liking with having a delicate stomach I must say your cooking skills are way above my level , I do have a go at Shepherds Pie and various bits and pieces but going past or coming past M + S more or less every day I do tend to buy there meals for one , or if it for two then I have the other half a couple of days later , mind you I am on our beaters day tomorrow and I did buy a couple of packets of M + S sandwiches tonight that had been reduced so what I leave my dog will soon finish them off 

that dish is super easy...and NO HERBS &SPICES....the only cheffing you have to do is boil water and cut an onion............

4 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Very nice ditchy, but yer still on that expensive rice  £££££

£1.00 /packet .............cheap ......2minits.......no waste.....perfect everytime..................whats not to like Billy ?

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

when i lived in the dark continant...my cook Abdu used to do this for me at least once/week and it was bloody georgeous.....no spices....herbs...oil  ...fat

just 5 ingredients 

1. tin of beans
  2. 1/2 tin copped toms
  3. one onion
  4. chicken stock cube
  5. 2 chick thighs

my tummy went....waheeyyyy..:yahoo:............very easy to digest and it dosnt make you feel bloated and it does you good...:good:

P1010022cw.jpg

P1010023cw.jpg

P1010024cw.jpg

Think I may try that but with one change.........don't like kidney beans. Substitute red kids for black beans, or maybe (drained) baked beans.

2 hours ago, Robden said:

Think I may try that but with one change.........don't like kidney beans. Substitute red kids for black beans, or maybe (drained) baked beans.

could use tinned butter beans ?

8 hours ago, Robden said:

Nope, don't like those either. Going to try it with 3 thighs (cos I'm a pig) and (KTC) chick peas.  But whatever used, it looks to be a good "one pot meal."

let us know how you get on

On 01/02/2024 at 14:42, ditchman said:

let us know how you get on

Easy to prep, cooks nicely, smells really good while cooking and doesn't look too shabby on the plate. However, I found the whole dish bland. Adding some salt and pepper on the plate helped a bit but still not great. I ate half of it because I hate waste and I was hungry. To the leftovers I've added some madras curry powder, to fester over night and will finish it off for lunch today. May be that my tastes are jaded after years of abuse.

It reminds me of those tea infusion thingys......smells really nice but tastes insipid.

After all of the above, I WILL try it again (as it's easy) but next time I'll try some 'erbs and spices.

2 hours ago, Robden said:

Easy to prep, cooks nicely, smells really good while cooking and doesn't look too shabby on the plate. However, I found the whole dish bland. Adding some salt and pepper on the plate helped a bit but still not great. I ate half of it because I hate waste and I was hungry. To the leftovers I've added some madras curry powder, to fester over night and will finish it off for lunch today. May be that my tastes are jaded after years of abuse.

It reminds me of those tea infusion thingys......smells really nice but tastes insipid.

After all of the above, I WILL try it again (as it's easy) but next time I'll try some 'erbs and spices.

did you put a chicken stock cube in it ?