Question re -firearms ticket

IF you are going to shoot that much lead apply for  more storage capacity. Dont get yourself into a situation like this. Or dont get involved. I don't drive a racing car because I can't afford to.   SIMPLE.  The othe side is the cost of shooting quantities of cartridges.  They aint cheap now.

9 hours ago, HantsRob said:

If you know you're going to a busy comp, and you have 150 at home, but need to but some at the comp, you technically can't buy another box of 25 at the comp? Or is there a touch of legal leeway?

You can buy and shoot the ammo for the comp, but you cannot remove it from the ground/club. Bisley have an amnesty box for for any leftover ammo. Ammo you buy to shoot doesn't need to be entered on your cert either.

Do the shops trace/audit/submit any data on what's bought? Or do they look at your licence and sell up to the max value? 

RFDs will sell you upto the maximum you can hold, it is the holder's responsibility not to go over limits.

Anything stopping you asking another shopkeeper to sell the same amount (minus a colleague noticing you)?

No, other than you would be in breach of the law.

FAC guns need "Using" to show a purpose. How do you prove usage if you don't keep stats on what's shot? Or is this based on trust?

All the clubs I shoot with require you to sign in and log which rifles you are using. This is how they inform the police of your usage when asked. Obviously there is an element of trust, as you could log anything.

As been said if you are a member of a club then you need to up the amount of rounds you can store at any one time if you are like myself only shoot vermin then 150 is plenty i get  down to my last twenty then reload up to the amount that i am covered for 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2024 at 08:26, Rim Fire said:

This ☝️   This is what happened with medical forms some forces started with they need them some didn't then it became law that you had to have them

Are you sure about "Law" I thought it was yet another Police "requirement"  published in the home office guidance.