6 nations were up and running!

millrace

5 hours ago, JKD said:

Scotland v England,,,, again, inevitable result ! Although England started well, things soon changed in the hosts favour. 3 gifted tries through quite easy line breaks were England's downfall,,,, other things too, but all I'll say is "room for improvement" 😔

England were terrible,  started well and I thought hang on! But no, unforced errors were punished with tries, no platform,  dropped balls, yhe rush defence doesn't work for me.

4 losses on the bounce to Scotland,  it was the one game they really needed to win 😪

4 hours ago, millrace said:

eng will be interesting in how they approach the game, spoil and bully and kick will play to ire power game,,will we see a change in approach are they capable of such change

I can't see it, Ireland are going to be looking at the grand slam, England haven't performed in one game yet, Ireland won't be messing around with subs, they'll want to put a big score on us, it's going to be a very tough day to support England. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Mice! said:

England were terrible,  started well and I thought hang on! But no, unforced errors were punished with tries, no platform,  dropped balls, yhe rush defence doesn't work for me.

4 losses on the bounce to Scotland,  it was the one game they really needed to win 😪

I can't see it, Ireland are going to be looking at the grand slam, England haven't performed in one game yet, Ireland won't be messing around with subs, they'll want to put a big score on us, it's going to be a very tough day to support England. 

To be fair, the rush defence is a great tactic and actually stifled the Scots play, but,,,,, they couldn't back that up with any other positive tactics. Wasn't a great match to watch, conditions and all that, but England should really be doing much better than they are !

And yes, I agree with your last several words 🥴

1 hour ago, JKD said:

be fair, the rush defence is a great tactic and actually stifled the Scots play,

It's good, till you start missing tackles, then there's no one can cover. I much prefer a good defensive line.

It seemed we either kicked the ball away or knocked it on, loads of posts on FB about players back from injuries and not having game time, then they shouldn't be playing such a massive international game, and that's down to the coach.

I still can't believe they dropped Steward for Furbank, FS was my man of the match in the last game, yet he didn't even make the bench, dropping a fit player who has a brilliant game is just ridiculous.

England need a massive overhaul,  players on loads of Caps but playing like they've never met.

I'd welcome Owen Farrell with open arms right now.

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's good, till you start missing tackles, then there's no one can cover. I much prefer a good defensive line.

It seemed we either kicked the ball away or knocked it on, loads of posts on FB about players back from injuries and not having game time, then they shouldn't be playing such a massive international game, and that's down to the coach.

I still can't believe they dropped Steward for Furbank, FS was my man of the match in the last game, yet he didn't even make the bench, dropping a fit player who has a brilliant game is just ridiculous.

England need a massive overhaul,  players on loads of Caps but playing like they've never met.

I'd welcome Owen Farrell with open arms right now.

Overall, it's very frustrating 😕

Now,,,, France v Italy,,,,, WOW !!! No-one saw that coming I suspect 😁🤣

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Yes, the forum has been a bit quiet recently,,,, quite often it goes like that, then all of a sudden it picks up again 😆

BTW, already a thread running on the 6 Nations 😉

just saw it apologies for this

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Ridiculous ending! But for the wobble of the ball, it would surely have been Italy's win!

It wasn't great rugby all 80 minutes, especially from the hosts ! They were dire,,,, despite being down to 14 men, they should have beaten Italy, who should rightly have won except for that annoying ball wobble 🤦

Another 2 weeks off now,,,, let's hope the poor performers come back even slightly better 😀 ,,,, excepting France of course 🤭😂

1 hour ago, dainty duck said:

lets be knowing who wanted Italy to win ? I did and I bet a few more on here did 🏉

😁😁😁

1 hour ago, JKD said:

It wasn't great rugby all 80 minutes, especially from the hosts ! They were dire,,,, despite being down to 14 men, they should have beaten Italy, who should rightly have won except for that annoying ball wobble 🤦

Another 2 weeks off now,,,, let's hope the poor performers come back even slightly better 😀 ,,,, excepting France of course 🤭😂

Well I thought Italy had done it, I was cheering when the penalty was awarded, so unlucky the way it went.
I know it was against 14 men for the second half but that was probably Italy's best performance, even the defence in the first half keeping France out.

Or were France just bad?? They looked shattered at the end.

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

😁😁😁

Well I thought Italy had done it, I was cheering when the penalty was awarded, so unlucky the way it went.
I know it was against 14 men for the second half but that was probably Italy's best performance, even the defence in the first half keeping France out.

Or were France just bad?? They looked shattered at the end.

Me too, and then,,,,,,,,that funny shaped ball fell off the tee 😭 Gutted !!!

On top of that, Italy played really well and France absolutely didn't 😃

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Not sure if I can be bothered to watch much more of this rubbish, Ireland should win easily and perhaps there should be more than one wooden spoon.

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not sure if I can be bothered to watch much more of this rubbish, Ireland should win easily and perhaps there should be more than one wooden spoon.

Rubbish indeed. It's not rugby anymore.

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It does get to be a chore sometimes, but I like watching the 6 Nations as it shows how teams, players [new and old] etc are performing. England seem to be in a transition and consequently quite poor. As usual these things take time, but as onlookers, we expect instant results and success.

Wooden spoons,,,, 🤔 ,,,, perhaps two. One for the last placed team as usual, and a second Golden Wooden Spoon for the worst performing team 🤷😆

30 minutes ago, JKD said:

England seem to be in a transition and consequently quite poor. As usual these things take time, but as onlookers, we expect instant results and success.

Not really,  not when most of the players have been around forever, the team that finished the game should be more like the starting team, with the old hands coming on if need be.

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Me too, and then,,,,,,,,that funny shaped ball fell off the tee 😭 Gutted !!!

They didn't even show what happened, I rewound it and the camera had moved off?

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Not really,  not when most of the players have been around forever, the team that finished the game should be more like the starting team, with the old hands coming on if need be.

They didn't even show what happened, I rewound it and the camera had moved off?

But, we're so disjointed 😕 We went 10-0 up and I thought, as did probably quite a few others, well this looks good. Then,,,, 😞

As for that last hiccup,,,, I was willing the guy to score, then,,,, what happened ?! Looked at the timer,,,, AAAAAGH. A rushed snatched kick later, a drawn result !!!

Men's danglies 😳🤦 At least Italy can dwell on a good performance !

Nothing like some controversy for a Monday morning..

Screenshot_20240226-095358_Facebook.jpg.f4f1819a992873fa465edd591797c5f2.jpg

Screenshot_20240226-094955_Facebook.jpg.f9f06e86793e5afa7c0eb6d648d314cd.jpg

I thought the ref had a good game, but he got this wrong, I appreciate there was a lot going on but the TMO  should have helped him out.

It apparently happened before in an Ireland v NZ game.

So that's the second game where France have been saved in the 80th minute by a decision,  they should be 0-3 now 😳😳

And I've solved England's problems..

Screenshot_20240226-093415_Facebook.jpg.e68e1978c2f070021ae17b437dd258c3.jpg

Drop the lot and play the A team 😁

• 2 weeks later...