Empty package from Amazon :(

smokingdragon

My OH  has got her lump sum from her NHS Pension and wanted to upgrade her pc as she does alot of games so as the IT expert as I wa tasked to procure....

Scan computers had the majority of the order and Amazon had the the disk and CPU cooler.

Disk  (M2 Samsung 970 Pro) arrived by 07-30 in the morning

Both of us have Covid so so immediate PC builds were off the cards, until today when I felt a bit  better so I started opening the packages. I use a knife to slice the seal open and lo and behold the package was empty!!  ***!!

Contacted Amazon and within 20 mins I had a refund.

I cannot fault Amazon but it is scary when a supposedly factory sealed packaged has been robbed - I could have lost £150 :-(

Always. always. always tell the courier to wait and open the package in their presence or sign clearly "Received one carton - contents unexamined". If they won't oblige refuse the shipment. Sadly here in the East Midlands there was a recent case of two people in an Amazon warehouse stealing goods by one identifying the high value item for the other to steal. There will no doubt be others who have not been caught elsewhere in Amazon warehouses here and there.

https://westbridgfordwire.com/amazon-employees-jailed-for-theft-offences/

Edited by enfieldspares

11 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Always. always. always tell the courier to wait and open the package in their presence or sign clearly "Received one carton - contents unexamined".

You mean you actually see your courier? 😂😂 Their working practice around here is if it goes through the letter box that’s ok. If it doesn’t they leave it somewhere, take a photo and send it to your phone saying it’s been delivered!!!

Recent examples:

Just before Xmas a Mate along the road rang, said he was at work, courier sent photo of parcel on his front steps as proof of delivery, would I rescue it to avoid theft. It was a £1,600 diving dry suit from o3.

Similarly, in January I saw a courier leave a parcel on next door neighbour step (she was out) take photo and left. He made no attempt to ask a neighbour to take it in. I sent her a txt and said I’d rescued it. She replied she has a camera bell linked to her phone. The courier hadn’t even rang the bell. It was a new computer screen.

yesterday, a lady knocked on the door and asked if I’d taken a parcel in. She showed me a photo of a parcel hidden by an upturned flower pot. It wasn’t our house. She was trying houses in the street because it had been delivered to the wrong street and was important to her.

All very hit and miss. I suspect the demands of their delivery schedules almost force couriers to use these tactics.

If the parcel is stolen I wouldn’t think that leaving it on a doorstep plus a photo is proof of delivery because the named recipient never received it. The retailer would have to despatch a replacement parcel. 

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, with all the Bad delivery drivers, parcel missing or stolen like in the warehouse why do people still buy off Amazon ?, 

Contacted Amazon and within 20 mins I had a refund."

This?