Choke identification

Hi all,

Can anyone help me identify this choke? (Dimensions are rough +/- half a mil).
It came out of my classic sporter O/U... which I was told was made underlicense to Webley & Scott in the far east.
Hoping my drawing shows what it needs, but the notch on the left of the drawing is the key for install/removal, the hashed area is the thread towards teh back of the tube.
It's a flush-fit type. No markings on the choke other than the four notches in the rim to note its an IC constriction.

I'm concidering some tighter chokes but can't find any that look the same online.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

ChokeDimensions.jpeg

ChokePhoto.jpeg

Edited by richhemmings

I think you might struggle with this one. I know someone with one of these guns. He thought it was a Classic Doubles,  but it is an entirely different gun. My genuine Classic Doubles has some chokes marked as CD and the restriction.  I have some Browning standard invector and they fit, but I am currently using 2 Briley Invector chokes. It would seem that the 'Classic Game' guns uses chokes unique to that gun. My Invector chokes certainly don't fit it.

If you can send a spare choke to Teague, they can duplicate it or make others to fit.

Not the cheapest but doable.

NB what is the bore size at the rear of the choke?

I think we also need to see the proof and manufacturers markings on the flats and barrels.

Edited by Stonepark

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Attached images of the gun and barrels.
The bore size at the back of the choke was approx 18.5mm.

I've sent to my gunsmith too, but was hoping to avoid custom made chokes - the gun only cost me £400 and was my first! 

20240323_085656.jpg

20240323_085712.jpg

20240323_085724.jpg

20240323_085742.jpg

20240323_085750.jpg

20240323_085356.jpg

20240323_085641.jpg

Found this searching the model number in the PW forum:

Well the good news is you have a "future proof" gun.

Good to see the Fleur de Lys in the proof marks.

Looks like an aftermarket Winchester copy with Invictor type chokes.

Hopefully someone local to you in Bristol may be able to offer you one to compare.

Good luck

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Syntax

That is exactly the same gun that I know of and can categorically state the chokes are NOT Invector, in his anyway. It seems very little is known about these guns or their origin. There are a couple on Guntrader. 

Edited by Westley

i believe and the internet seems to back me up these were made at olin kodensha so basically  miroku/browning/winchester   they all use standard invector chokes.

ive got a mossberg 535 that uses inv chokes and they look just like what you've posted above. my route would be find a buddy that has  a gun that uses inv (cant be that hard the amount thats about) and ask if you can try screw one in.

edit:  just had the calipers on a choke from my moss berg the measurements are not the same mate sorry not even close

Edited by Sweet11-87

34 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

i believe and the internet seems to back me up these were made at olin kodensha so basically  miroku/browning/winchester   they all use standard invector chokes.

ive got a mossberg 535 that uses inv chokes and they look just like what you've posted above. my route would be find a buddy that has  a gun that uses inv (cant be that hard the amount thats about) and ask if you can try screw one in.

edit:  just had the calipers on a choke from my moss berg the measurements are not the same mate sorry not even close

The gun that appeared on here last August, is the gun that I know. I also know that both the previous owner and the current owner have struggled to find the maker. I can state that NONE of the chokes we have tried, will fit the gun, CD (Classic Doubles), Browning standard Invector or Mobil. There are a couple of chokes that came with the gun, but THAT is it. All efforts to identify the chokes have met with a negative result. 

I think you may be confusing the gun with a Classic Doubles,  they were made in the old Winchester factory in Japan.

Edited by Westley

To save repeating posts, I've added some info re: gun identification to this thread based on a tip from Teal chokes:

In summary, looks like the gun was made in Turkey by Akkar, uses remington 51mm bottom thread, flush fit chokes.
Markings: CLASSIC Sporting TR AK 07
Type: O/U 12ga

Courtesy of Teal Chokes:

TR AK means its made by Akkar in Turkey,  Webley haven’t made anything since 2007,
A lot of Akkar guns used Remington chokes which is the one you identified, they are approx 51mm long and have a 13/16 imperial thread

https://www.teal-chokes.co.uk/product/3-bottom-thread-flush-kit/

Thanks again, all! 

Hi

You seem to have got to the maker -well done!

I emailed Akus in Turkey in 2022 and one of the Directors replied - my email and their reply attached below.

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you for your kind words!

I would need to see some photos of your gun to be exactly sure if we manufactured it, but by the looks of the serial number it seems like that it is not one of our guns.

We are currently working with Webley & Scott in UK. You can get in contact with them and make an inquiry, but please note that they do not have all of the Akus models readily available. I am sure that they will try to help you out with your request.

Feel free to e-mail me if you need any assistance regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Hello I would be very grateful if you are able to help me please. I have a 12 bore over and under shotgun that has the name "Classic Game" on it together with a code of TK AK 07 12/76. I have not been able to establish who manufactured this fine gun and I wondered if it may be yourself? On looking at your website I am very impressed by he guns you have made. Are they available in the UK? Many thanks