Bait station

9 hours ago, clangerman said:

we? let’s have it correct game shooting wasted the birds or there wouldn’t even be a video 

Yes, a royal we. We all have a duty to show fieldsports in the best light whether that be via social media postings or even talking at the pub with mates.

Also, you've no idea who wasted the birds. They could have been taken off the game cart by a beater after the keeper said 'help yourself to some birds', as is customary following a day's beating. They could have been purchased for that purpose. They could be the result of a failed chiller and not fit for human consumption.

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

was this aimed at me 

No, at the creator of the video.

1 minute ago, Poor Shot said:

Yes, a royal we. We all have a duty to show fieldsports in the best light whether that be via social media postings or even talking at the pub with mates.

Also, you've no idea who wasted the birds. They could have been taken off the game cart by a beater after the keeper said 'help yourself to some birds', as is customary following a day's beating. They could have been purchased for that purpose. They could be the result of a failed chiller and not fit for human consumption.

No, at the creator of the video.

NP thank you for the reply 👍

2 hours ago, old'un said:

think the guy's had some flak over this as he's removed the video from his YT account.

Mabe highlighting it has done him some good and he won't put up anymore vids of that nature 

6 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Mabe highlighting it has done him some good and he won't put up anymore vids of that nature 

What possessed you to put the video up on this forum? Surely any exposure of this kind is bad news for the shooting community and you have simply exacerbated the problem.

On 26/03/2024 at 06:44, Rim Fire said:

This should settle a few arguments on what happens with the Pheasants off a shoot day i myself wouldn't have put this on Youtube  

Well not conclusively, unless you’re claiming and can prove it happens on EVERY shoot throughout the land.

Is that what you’re claiming? 
For some reason I can’t watch the video, and there could be many reasons why the birds are there, but if anyone knows of any shoots or individuals which do this, whether those birds are breasted or not, spoiled or whatever, then you need to have words with them. 
There are ways and means to dispose of carcasses. 
Whomever dumped the birds is no friend of shooting, nor are those who uploaded the film to social media unless they were intent on naming and shaming. If they’re not prepared to do this so the accused can respond, then the motive and agenda are without verification and therefore questionable, which indicates acting from a position of bias rather than one of neutrality or independence. 

50 minutes ago, Scully said:

Well not conclusively, unless you’re claiming and can prove it happens on EVERY shoot throughout the land.

Is that what you’re claiming? 
For some reason I can’t watch the video, and there could be many reasons why the birds are there, but if anyone knows of any shoots or individuals which do this, whether those birds are breasted or not, spoiled or whatever, then you need to have words with them. 
There are ways and means to dispose of carcasses. 
Whomever dumped the birds is no friend of shooting, nor are those who uploaded the film to social media unless they were intent on naming and shaming. If they’re not prepared to do this so the accused can respond, then the motive and agenda are without verification and therefore questionable, which indicates acting from a position of bias rather than one of neutrality or independence. 

:whistling::no: :innocent:

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Not claiming that at all 

You can't watch the video because so many people got onto him about it he has taken it down which is a good thing  as i said maybe by highlighting it 

he has seen errors of his decision to post it on Youtube  

9 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Not claiming that at all 

Really? Then why did you write …’this should settle a few arguments on what happens with the Pheasants off a shoot day’ , and then post it on social media? 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

Really? Then why did you write …’this should settle a few arguments on what happens with the Pheasants off a shoot day’ , and then post it on social media? 

It was off another site and they was arguing about it 

28 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

It was off another site and they was arguing about it 

I understand that. However, it doesn’t explain why you wrote ‘this should settle a few arguments on what happens with the Pheasants on a shoot day’ if you aren’t claiming that it happens as a matter of fact on EVERY shoot day, because that is certainly what it sounds like. 
You also claim you wouldn’t have put it on youtube but had no qualms on putting it on here. 
I just find them both puzzling statements……unless you’re an anti of course. Are you an anti? Nothing wrong with that if you are of course; it would certainly explain your post. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

I understand that. However, it doesn’t explain why you wrote ‘this should settle a few arguments on what happens with the Pheasants on a shoot day’ if you aren’t claiming that it happens as a matter of fact on EVERY shoot day, because that is certainly what it sounds like. 
You also claim you wouldn’t have put it on youtube but had no qualms on putting it on here. 
I just find them both puzzling statements……unless you’re an anti of course. Are you an anti? Nothing wrong with that if you are of course; it would certainly explain your post. 

Really  🤣 with all the posts i put up about shooting with pics and you think i am an anti

i cant help what things sound like to you we are all diffrent 

35 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Really  🤣 with all the posts i put up about shooting with pics and you think i am an anti

i cant help what things sound like to you we are all diffrent 

Ok. So you’re not an anti. 
If you can’t help ‘what things sound like’, then who can? You made the statement we’re discussing; it reads pretty clear to me. If it’s meant to ‘sound’ different to that which you’ve written, what were you trying to say? 
Is it just driven game shooting/shooters you don’t approve of then? That would certainly make sense given the claims you’ve made. 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Sorry, not sure what any of that means! 🙂

'Evening, E. If you did not hit 'expand' where I quoted your post you may not have noticed the somewhat faint red coloured highlight just as the print starts to fade. You have an 'm' where you shouldn't have. :innocent: No doubt some won't have spotted the smileys. :no:

43 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ok. So you’re not an anti. 
If you can’t help ‘what things sound like’, then who can? You made the statement we’re discussing; it reads pretty clear to me. If it’s meant to ‘sound’ different to that which you’ve written, what were you trying to say? 
Is it just driven game shooting/shooters you don’t approve of then? That would certainly make sense given the claims you’ve made. 

How the he'll can I be against  driven  shooting when I have been game keeping for the last couple  of seasons and the seasons coming 

15 minutes ago, wymberley said:

'Evening, E. If you did not hit 'expand' where I quoted your post you may not have noticed the somewhat faint red coloured highlight just as the print starts to fade. You have an 'm' where you shouldn't have. :innocent: No doubt some won't have spotted the smileys. :no:

Right. Thanks for your contribution. 👍

1 minute ago, Rim Fire said:

How the he'll can I be against  driven  shooting when I have been game keeping for the last couple  of seasons and the seasons coming 

How am I supposed to know you’re a gamekeeper? 
You’re avoiding the question, but I’ll keep trying. 
Right, so is the practice of dumping birds at the end of a day’s shooting how YOU deal with the bag? Also ( for about the third/fourth time of asking ) do you know for a fact that those statements you made in your OP, happening on every shoot throughout the land, as you claim in that post? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Scully said:

How am I supposed to know you’re a gamekeeper? 
You’re avoiding the question, but I’ll keep trying. 
Right, so is the practice of dumping birds at the end of a day’s shooting how YOU deal with the bag? Also ( for about the third/fourth time of asking ) do you know for a fact that those statements you made in your OP, happening on every shoot throughout the land, as you claim in that post? 

No I did not claim  it happens on every shoot as I said we will have to agree to disagree end of  also I have put up a lot of posts on shoot day 

Edited by Rim Fire

7 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

No I did not claim  it happens on every shoot as I said we will have to agree to disagree end of  also I have put up a lot of posts on shoot day 

Yes you did! It’s there in black and white! You made a sweeping generalisation regarding what happens to the bag following a days shoot; you made no attempt to differentiate between one shoot or another. Do I need to quote your statement yet again? 
Agree to disagree about what? 

I think the thing with some of these things - daft as they are - is it does make us all hopefully realise we are public facing at times and need to be as "professional" or "responsible" as we can

I have been guilty of leaving dead foxes out as they attract live ones like no other - but i now tuck them away or bury or put in thick cover

Our feeders were a sorry state - string frayed tied to trees - well now they are all upright - with slabs underneath - looking smart and saving food waste  - Helps get on top of the vermin too !