Cheesy beans on toast!

Lloyd90

Funny i tried some last week, without the cheese though, they seem to have a thicker sauce than the Heinz not sure if they would convert but i would certainly buy them again. 

I'm a HP Sauce guy on my beanz, not tomato, thats reserved for black pudding and omelettes.  

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

never had cheesy beans.....am i missing anything......is it wot poor people live on

No, have you seen the price of cheese lately?

Poor people have the supermarket own brand beans with no cheese! 

Have you never seen Dennis the menace? 

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Gave Branston beans a try after recommendations on here! Lots of cheese dumped in when cooking. 

IMG_1271.jpeg

You haven't commented on whether you like/dislike Branston compared to your usual/former preference?

I used to have Heinz (with a splash of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce), but 'converted' to Branston (also with the splash) about a year ago.  Branston has a thicker and more flavoursome sauce, but it does vary a bit between batches.  I had one poor (thin sauce) multi pack of 4, but usually good thick sauce and oplenty of beans.

These were my favourites for years, been off the shelves for a while now! Cheesy beans on toast lovely lunch time or Sunday evening fare easy quick and tasty. Cheers. Aled 

image.jpeg

Edited by Aled

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

You haven't commented on whether you like/dislike Branston compared to your usual/former preference?

I used to have Heinz (with a splash of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce), but 'converted' to Branston (also with the splash) about a year ago.  Branston has a thicker and more flavoursome sauce, but it does vary a bit between batches.  I had one poor (thin sauce) multi pack of 4, but usually good thick sauce and oplenty of beans.

They were lovely to be fair, would have them again. Adding cheese into the pot as they cook thickens them up anyways so not sure it’s a fair comparison but I enjoyed. 

An easy quick dinner. 

Cheesy beans are a bit of an institution within the Royal Engineers, all Sappers going through training know of the warming and cheap meal served at the Jackson club in Gibraltar barracks, the club is a charity, SASRA "the soldiers and sailors scripture readers association" and the cheesy beans are legendary.

beans.jpg

10 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Cheesy beans are a bit of an institution within the Royal Engineers, all Sappers going through training know of the warming and cheap meal served at the Jackson club in Gibraltar barracks, the club is a charity, SASRA "the soldiers and sailors scripture readers association" and the cheesy beans are legendary.

beans.jpg

now i could eat that.....the other stuff posted looks like slop...:good:

7 hours ago, welsh1 said:

beans.jpg

That would be how it’s served in the Agriv8 house 

if we are going royal cheese on toast rashers of crispy bacon round the plate and lots of spare toast to mop up with 

then an evening blaming the flatulence on the dog !

Agriv8