Walking boots

Royboy

I know it’s been done to death but I can’t find any recent ones, 

im after a pair of walking boots £150-£200.

Must be easy to maintain because I’m rubbish at looking after things. I don’t want big heavy things because I’ll be using them for walking the dog in summer, I don’t need extreme weather boots just water proof for grass, I’ll use my welly’s otherwise. 
I’ve seen a couple of old post about brasher boots being good but the latest reviews on Trust pilot are shocking.

so a good midrange boot that’s good for winter and summer ? Is leather the easiest to maintain ?

I looked at Altberg boots but wasn’t sure if they where water proof 

Cheers 

IMG_3911.png

My Altberg boots are very good i bought a pair of grade 1 Army Surplus for £40, they are doing season no 3. However i also have a pair of walking boots which i bought from Blacks Cardiff in 2004, they are still going strong! I do dub these boots yearly though. Cheers. Aled

13 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Yes I have those - impressed.

Bought too long ago to remember (10 years…?), still going strong. 

Yes, they are impressive boots indeed. 
I’m on my second pair. First pair lasted maybe 8 years or so of moderate to heavy use, and were only binned because I couldn’t find anyone to resole them. 

I have been using walking boots for decades for shooting, Beating and dog walking. I have tried Fell walking boots but didn't like them due to weight issues, I have dodgy knees and keep it light.

I had a couple of pairs of Brashers which were OK, they were light enough which was the important thing.

image.png.1dc5e2f42d93279a8dbf4107af3094a1.png

I am now on a pair of Scapas (below) they feel like the Brashers weightwise, but have lasted a lot longer, the fit is good and they are still waterproof after a couple of years, I'd definitely buy another pair, I probably will when the time comes.

I waited for a Go outdoors sale and bought them for around £130, it pays to shop around 

image.png.cf8efcfc9b42c656306e3653da1cf602.png

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, they are impressive boots indeed. 
I’m on my second pair. First pair lasted maybe 8 years or so of moderate to heavy use, and were only binned because I couldn’t find anyone to resole them. 

👍

I won't touch scarpa ever again .bought a pair a few years ago .they were light and comfortable  but let water straight  in (supposed to be gortex  think they were lying  ) and the sole were totally gone within 3 months never seen wear like it . They were scarpa mavericks . Total rubbish .

42 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I won't touch scarpa ever again .bought a pair a few years ago .they were light and comfortable  but let water straight  in (supposed to be gortex  think they were lying  ) and the sole were totally gone within 3 months never seen wear like it . They were scarpa mavericks . Total rubbish .

Cheers mate I’ll keep that in mind, I’ll have a look at oex boots as well

cheers 

On 11/04/2024 at 11:20, Scully said:

Scarpa. Nuff said. 

I've got 2 pairs, the oldest must be 20 years old now, there a tad rough looking now but OK. Used round the garden. My best pair bought off here ages ago, new as far as I could tell..also have a pair of Chiruca 10inch Boa for the really wet days. 

Scarpa have always been my 1st choice.  

Edited by Dougy

Well I didn’t take any advise haha I hope I’ve done the right thing !

Ive always had Agile welly’s for year and could walk in them all day in winter, I didn’t realise Agile did a walking boot ! I’ve seen a pair online with great reviews so I’ve took the plunge and bought some Altavio Mids, they  were only £98 and I can return them if I’m not happy with them, 

cheers Chaps