Off target

Hi all my 22lr is zeroed at 50 yds using Winchester x sub ammo it’s a tack driver my question is if I used cci stingers would I get a flatter flight path at a further distance would I be able to use both types of ammo out in the field or would I have to zero my rifle again for the stingers.

regards tony 

Will need to rezero for stingers. On my cz, stingers group about 8 inches out at 100 yards from subs zero (up and left).

If your gun is a tack driver with ammo you have, it is likely stingers will be worse.

My gun is zeroed at 100 yards with eley subs and is about 2 inch high at 50 yards.

Learn your trajectories.

At one time Stinger were not the most acccurate ammunition on the gunshop shelf. I personally wouldn't recommend them for shooting anything you intend to eat as accuracy of shot placement isn't good enough to avoid putting what is a quire destructive bullet into an area of meat you are hoping to eat.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

All these replies refer to hyper velocity ammunition. 
Has anyone tried the regular old High Velocity stuff, with a velocity just over the speed of sound? Never felt the need myself but just curious.

HV 'club' ammo is OK at 25 yards or so , but if youre reaching out past 50 it drops out of supersonic, which can cause instability.
Plus if youre using it for pest control, it completely negates the moderator.

44 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

HV 'club' ammo is OK at 25 yards or so , but if youre reaching out past 50 it drops out of supersonic, which can cause instability.
Plus if youre using it for pest control, it completely negates the moderator.

Yes, I did understand about the moderator, it’s noisy stuff by subsonic standards. I was just wondering if folk were using it for longer ranges than subsonic.

On 11/06/2024 at 09:00, London Best said:

All these replies refer to hyper velocity ammunition. 
Has anyone tried the regular old High Velocity stuff, with a velocity just over the speed of sound? Never felt the need myself but just curious.

I have used Blazer HV (manufactured by CCI) in my .22lr and have found them to be good on accuracy. Obviously, I had to adjust my scope, which, when using the HV, was zeroed at 100yards. The ammo' is reasonably priced too.