Beware of replies to wanted ads from new members HapeeGrey and BigFatHairyYeti

Vince68

At the end of May I was messaged by HapeeGrey saying that the items I wanted were being sold by BigFatHairyYeti and he gave me his email.

Which was clintoneast@yahoo.com whom I contacted.

He said he had 2 items that he would post to me for £70 delivered.

i agreed bank transfer thinking it would be safe as they were giving me their bank details 

I’m still waiting and Clinton Eastwood (Shady Riad) is not responding to emails.

So unfortunately, it looks like I’ve been scammed !

it’s a sad state of affairs that scammers are managing to access this forum which has always been brilliant in the past 

Be warned !

18 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Bank transfer isn't safe.

care to expand on that conclusion Gordon my owd fruit🤔

if YOU GIVE any money to anyone, it's entirely your decision.

it could be a tenner or bank transfer for a tenner.

using any or both of these methods,the recipient CANNOT take or receive ANY MORE than the amount given or transferred.

in conclusion,the decision to pay anyone is entirely yours and not the banks.

Hi , I’ve spoken to my bank, they were alarmed that I was purchasing firearms related accessories

but added that I had in fact paid someone I didn’t know and that it was my choice to make the payment 

28 minutes ago, Vince68 said:

they were alarmed that I was purchasing firearms related accessories

I would have just said you were buying some brass ornaments or something that didnt explicitly relate to firearms but why should they be alarmed what you do with YOUR money that they are just a resting place for??

aw mate this one pops up from time to time on this forum and has done for years im sorry you got hit.

i stopped posting in the wanted section because you can almost guarantee you get these or this guy. last time i was after something i got the old " contact blah blah he has one at a good price. its always a celebrities  name in the email

last one i got was like  stevegerard123@whatever haha  do as others have said if theyre new members or have very few posts or activity just dont risk it

thing is people keep biting they keep fishing "/

Edited by Sweet11-87

I had a message from the same people (see quote below)with regard to a wanted advert.

It said to email the supposed member who the "Scammer(?)" said he had bought some stuff off of and who had the item I was looking for in my wanted ad.

I thought straight away it sounded scammy so just ignored it.

In particular it is best to look at how many (if any) posts they have and read them to get an idea of whether they seem OK.

S

On 13/06/2024 at 13:00, Vince68 said:

At the end of May I was messaged by HapeeGrey saying that the items I wanted were being sold by BigFatHairyYeti and he gave me his email.

Which was clintoneast@yahoo.com whom I contacted.

On 13/06/2024 at 13:03, Downforce said:

Beware of replies to wanted ads from new members (full stop)

Did you report to moderators on the forum

I reported this scam to them a while ago and received nothing back