Sunaks promise

ditchman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Sounds like a plan ! 

The question I'd like answering, by someone who is pro illegal migrant, is why not take in a few billion?

Where's Henry D when you need him 😂

Edited by 12gauge82

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The question I'd like answering, by someone who is pro illegal migrant, is why not take in a few billion?

You mean like G Lineker did ? (not) :lol:

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

no bloody thank you :w00t:

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Desperate to get out of France :lol:

If we take the basic needs of one asylum seeker at £150 per day (Im sure its more than that when translators, legal services and medical/ security)

£150 x 882 = £132,300 per day JUST for yesterdays load.
After one year , and this is the BASIC cost for the 882 =£48,289,500 

somebody in my family is a senior "in the know" in Norwich City Council......and i am reliably informed that your figure is very close to the actual figure/day/year cost..........

It’s an absolute joke this country is ###. It won’t stop either. The only thing that would stop it is if there were people waiting on the beaches to persuade them one way or another to turn the **** around and go back. But that ain’t going to happen is it.

1 minute ago, B686 said:

It’s an absolute joke this country is ###. It won’t stop either. The only thing that would stop it is if there were people waiting on the beaches to persuade them one way or another to turn the **** around and go back. But that ain’t going to happen is it.

Reforms plan is to drop them straight back to France and I believe they will do it.

36 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Reforms plan is to drop them straight back to France and I believe they will do it.

They are getting my vote , but way its going we will be over run by the time they got in power and too late.

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

First it would be illegal. Second the police would rightly refuse. The laws would have to be changed. People would be killed in the process as they were forced out of boats. 

It is not going to happen. Rwanda is a better plan.

Offer supported settled status to all those who serve in Ukraine for the period of the war. 😇

There are no easy solutions but the problem has only just started. It will get many many times worse yet. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

First it would be illegal. Second the police would rightly refuse. The laws would have to be changed. People would be killed in the process as they were forced out of boats. 

It is not going to happen. Rwanda is a better plan.

Offer supported settled status to all those who serve in Ukraine for the period of the war. 😇

There are no easy solutions but the problem has only just started. It will get many many times worse yet. 

It only requires the echr be dismantled and it could be done.

I genuinely feel for the vast majority of migrants that are coming over here (the ones that don't want to murder us anyway), I certainly don't blame them, but we are an overpopulated nation with millions of hard working people who can't afford to live themselves. Our ancestors (some of mine included) payed the ultimate price to ensure our freedom and way of life. For our self serving political class to hand it all away without public support is a betrayal of the highest order.

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

Then people really need to wake up before this country really is turned into a third world **** hole like where they are coming from. And stop being too nice and bloody soft ***** about it. 
But it’s not going to happen . Just really dread how its going to be for my kids / grandchildren.

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It only requires the echr be dismantled and it could be done.

I genuinely feel for the vast majority of migrants that are coming over here (the ones that don't want to murder us anyway), I certainly don't blame them, but we are an overpopulated nation with millions of hard working people who can't afford to live themselves. Our ancestors (some of mine included) payed the ultimate price to ensure our freedom and way of life. For our self serving political class to hand it all away without public support is a betrayal of the highest order.

We will all suffer leaving echr it's our rights, our freedoms too. We can't afford to live because our economy is dire. Nothing has been invested for years, no consistency In policy, Johnson, Truss, Brexit, Covid. We have fallen way behind our competitors. 

Immigration is simply distraction politics. We need to get a grip of it but we don't do that by abandoning the rule of law and the things that set GB apart.

We focus on immigration because we cannot accept the failure that is UK plc. Its easier to lash out and blame others. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

We will all suffer leaving echr it's our rights, our freedoms too. We can't afford to live because our economy is dire. Nothing has been invested for years, no consistency In policy, Johnson, Truss, Brexit, Covid. We have fallen way behind our competitors. 

Immigration is simply distraction politics. We need to get a grip of it but we don't do that by abandoning the rule of law and the things that set GB apart.

We focus on immigration because we cannot accept the failure that is UK plc. Its easier to lash out and blame others. 

But the truth is we haven't, while we may not be flying along we are doing just better than most european countries including france and germany

6 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

But the truth is we haven't, while we may not be flying along we are doing just better than most european countries including france and germany

Guardian today leading economists. :-

“Britain has suffered a long period of economic stagnation over the last 14 years, with low growth in productivity, real wages and living standards,” the letter says.“Not only is this record poor by historical standards, but the UK has also underperformed compared to its international peers. We invest too little and too inefficiently – especially in skills, infrastructure and innovation.”

The letter’s signatories include the Nobel prize winners Joe Stiglitz, Sir Christopher Pissarides and Sir Angus Deaton, as well as Sir Charles Bean, a former deputy governor of the Bank of England.

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

If the uk put some effort into it using all available transport, we could potentially take over a billion people within a year. 

Well, that would sort out any of Kier's fears of ever losing a future election.

One of Mandelson and Blair's most cynical vote-rigging moves.

Just now, oowee said:

“Britain has suffered a long period of economic stagnation over the last 14 years, with low growth in productivity, real wages and living standards,” the letter says.“Not only is this record poor by historical standards, but the UK has also underperformed compared to its international peers. We invest too little and too inefficiently – especially in skills, infrastructure and innovation.”

The letter’s signatories include the Nobel prize winners Joe Stiglitz, Sir Christopher Pissarides and Sir Angus Deaton, as well as Sir Charles Bean, a former deputy governor of the Bank of England.

And yet we have better growth than most of europe ,as i have said.
Everyone is struggling, but the uk is just above the rest.

6 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

And yet we have better growth than most of europe ,as i have said.
Everyone is struggling, but the uk is just above the rest.

Because growth is measured from base. If you have a base of 1 and growth is 1 its 50%. If your base is ten and growth is 1 that's 10%. 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because growth is measured from base. If you have a base of 1 and growth is 1 its 50%. If your base is ten and growth is 1 that's 10%. 

No matter how you want to swing it the fact is your statement was wrong and the uk is doing slightly better than most of europe.

51 minutes ago, oowee said:

And why have we invested to little.

Because companys no longer train a British workforce or offer apprenticeships, they simply import skill instead.

Why is housing so expensive. Because we're over populated, simple supply and demand, mass migration has drastically pushed up house prices.

Why is our infrastructure under so much pressure, again, sheer wait of numbers, I wonder why!

I could go on and on.

55 minutes ago, amateur said:

Well, that would sort out any of Kier's fears of ever losing a future election.

One of Mandelson and Blair's most cynical vote-rigging moves.

I'd love a serious answer from someone in favour of mass migration as to why we shouldn't.

I would absolutely love to know how Keir Starmers grand plan to sort out the small boats issue is going to work ,some kind of super border control / smuggling gang smashing force .

Some one needs to remind him that all these gangs are in Europe we don't have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the u.k . Much like the illegal drugs trade as soon as you shut down one dealer another steps into his place much the same will be true for people smugglers .

Or maybe i'm missing something in the big plan .

18 hours ago, oowee said:

Look at the numbers pre and post 1997 when something happened.

5 hours ago, Jega said:

I would absolutely love to know how Keir Starmers grand plan to sort out the small boats issue is going to work ,some kind of super border control / smuggling gang smashing force .

Some one needs to remind him that all these gangs are in Europe we don't have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the u.k . Much like the illegal drugs trade as soon as you shut down one dealer another steps into his place much the same will be true for people smugglers .

Or maybe i'm missing something in the big plan .

Me too. 

The Europe bit is a Brexit bonus.