Positive Olympics thread πŸ˜†

JKD

14 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Yes I can fully understand that , you need a lot of bottle ( and I don't mean drinkΒ 

I dare say they do to an extent , it effect anyone and everyone to a certain degree and age is no barrier , we are living in a ever changing world and not always a nice oneΒ :drinks:

Yes, but where other athletes can 'come out' and say they are suffering from stress, if a shooter was to declare that...........goodbye gunsΒ  !

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Westley said:

Yes, but where other athletes can 'come out' and say they are suffering from stress, if a shooter was to declare that...........goodbye gunsΒ  !

Yes you are right , trouble is by not coming out into the open it will only make there problem worse , a lose , lose situationΒ :no:

To get back to the actual thread title after the slight swerve,,,,,, πŸ™„πŸ€£

Men's Synchronised 10M Platform, Silver medal for Noah Williams and Tom Daley after quite a close battle with the 3rd place pairing from Canada.

China win the Gold with an almost perfect performance,,,, obviously due to drugs πŸ™„πŸ€­πŸ€£

1 hour ago, JKD said:

To get back to the actual thread title after the slight swerve,,,,,, πŸ™„πŸ€£

Men's Synchronised 10M Platform, Silver medal for Noah Williams and Tom Daley after quite a close battle with the 3rd place pairing from Canada.

China win the Gold with an almost perfect performance,,,, obviously due to drugs πŸ™„πŸ€­πŸ€£

Back on track , Did you see the ladies archery yesterday ? , or was the weather to nice to be watching the t vΒ  Β  MM

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

Back on track , Did you see the ladies archery yesterday ? , or was the weather to nice to be watching the t vΒ  Β  MM

Yes, watched some of that [indoors with some sort of virus 🀧πŸ₯΄] and this morning with the men's GB Archers just losing out by 4 points 😳

Tom Pidcock has just taken the lead in the Mountain Bike event πŸ˜€

7 minutes ago, JKD said:

Yes, watched some of that [indoors with some sort of virus 🀧πŸ₯΄] and this morning with the men's GB Archers just losing out by 4 points 😳

Tom Pidcock has just taken the lead in the Mountain Bike event πŸ˜€

Tom just had a puncture, the delay to change it has put him back in 9th position, 38 seconds behind the French [πŸ€”] leader πŸ™„

Posted (edited)

OMG,,, what a final lap !!! Ending up with,,,,,,, GOLD FOR TOM PIDCOCK 😁😁πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒ The [French] spectators suddenly went all quiet πŸ€­πŸ˜†

Edited by JKD

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Team GB Equestrian Gold πŸ˜€πŸ˜ A great result, especially after a late points reduction yesterday evening πŸ‘

Bronze Medal for Laura Collett in the individual horse jumping πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Team GB's medal tally climbing steadily πŸ₯³πŸ˜

25 minutes ago, JKD said:

Adam Burgess has won the silver medal in the canoe slalom,,,, a brilliant performance πŸ‘ 😁

If anyone will know it will most likely be you J K D , Will they be showing any clay shooting and if they do , when will it be and at what time of the day , THANKSΒ :hmm:

11 minutes ago, marsh man said:

If anyone will know it will most likely be you J K D , Will they be showing any clay shooting and if they do , when will it be and at what time of the day , THANKSΒ 

Hahaha πŸ˜† I keep on looking, but not sure if it's going to be on the iplayer πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I posted a link to the shooting schedule in the thread asking about this, in the General Shooting section πŸ‘

18 minutes ago, JKD said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/paris-2024/schedule/2024-07-29

@marsh man Here you go MM πŸ˜‰

TBH I think coverage is going to be very poor πŸ˜•

Many THANKS for your help J K D , I will keep an eye open for any up to date reports , mind you they will need to slow them down a bit for us oldies to even see what they are shooting at, or better still make them as big as dustbin lids .☺️

9 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Many THANKS for your help J K D , I will keep an eye open for any up to date reports , mind you they will need to slow them down a bit for us oldies to even see what they are shooting at, or better still make them as big as dustbin lids .☺️

You have to search a bit on that page, but it's quite easy πŸ€­πŸ˜†

If you find it being 'televised/on iplayer' remember to let us know πŸ™πŸ˜

7 hours ago, JKD said:

OMG,,, what a final lap !!! Ending up with,,,,,,, GOLD FOR TOM PIDCOCK 😁😁πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒ The [French] spectators suddenly went all quiet πŸ€­πŸ˜†

And those that weren't quiet felt the need to boo! Even the French rider admitted there was nothing wrong with what happened, but the French do love a good mob mentality!

Stunning ride from probably the best all round cyclist in the world

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

And those that weren't quiet felt the need to boo! Even the French rider admitted there was nothing wrong with what happened, but the French do love a good mob mentality!

Stunning ride from probably the best all round cyclist in the world

He sure is a class act ! To come from the TDF, albeit after 13 days [covid], then perform like that,,,, hats off to the fellow 😁 And who cares about the booing garlic munchers πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯‡πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ˜

That's my highlight from the Games so far !!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

5 hours ago, marsh man said:

If anyone will know it will most likely be you J K D , Will they be showing any clay shooting and if they do , when will it be and at what time of the day , THANKSΒ :hmm:

Screenshot_20240729-232606_Facebook.jpg.97e85f552661bf4697ac9af606755835.jpg

Well they've started, so keep your eyes peeled, but you can't rely on the BBC to show it.