chalkpop heavy

ditchman

10 minutes ago, amateur said:

and very nicely presented too.

Looks delicious, although I would probably have only gone for one chop and filled the space with some broccoli and baby carrots.

i was thinking the same thing...but them chops looked ever so small ....and thought what the hell

43 minutes ago, Robden said:

I like most of your "stuff" but that Apple sauce should have custard with it not bloody pork chops....can't stand any sort of jam with my meat.

I agree.  Sweet with meats and savoury doesn't really work for me either.  Sage and onion to go with pork.  Looks nice otherwise, but one chop and some greens for me please.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

I like most of your "stuff" but that Apple sauce should have custard with it not bloody pork chops....can't stand any sort of jam with my meat.

iknow a few folk who say fruit with meat is a big turnoff...one of my oldest mates is like that......he nearly chucks up at the thought

59 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree.  Sweet with meats and savoury doesn't really work for me either.  Sage and onion to go with pork.  Looks nice otherwise, but one chop and some greens for me please.

12 hours ago, Robden said:

???????? Wot no Apple with Pork? No Redcurrant with Lamb? Plums with Beef? Strawberry Jam on Pate? Next you will be telling us you eat Cheese and Onion Crisps without Worcester Sauce - shocking.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

You wetted my appetite for hot meat and veggies.  No jam or fruit was involved, but some horseradish was added.

Sorry, only one picture!

IMG_4426.JPG

now that does look nice....the roasts look perfect :good:

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

now that does look nice....the roasts look perfect :good:

The roasts were actually leftovers from Friday when I had them with a pie.  Maris piper potatoes, cut into quite small pieces and boiled until just softening.  Then drained and shaken in the saucepan to fluff up - then  roasted - in rapeseed oil with salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.  The Yorkshires were a bit of a cheat as they are M&S - and they were very good.

12 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

???????? Wot no Apple with Pork? No Redcurrant with Lamb? Plums with Beef? Strawberry Jam on Pate? Next you will be telling us you eat Cheese and Onion Crisps without Worcester Sauce - shocking.

I’m with you on this. Got to have sweet with savoury.

13 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

You wetted my appetite for hot meat and veggies.  No jam or fruit was involved, but some horseradish was added.

Sorry, only one picture!

IMG_4426.JPG

Sorry Ditchie, John’s beat you on that one, on colour alone.

OB

15 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Sorry, only one picture!

IMG_4426.JPG

All looking good, bit more gravy and a Blue Peter badge would be all yours.

All very nice in the cooler weather , but surely with temps getting near the mid 30s all this cooked stuff is far to hot , wouldn't a nice piece of M + S cooked chicken , a fresh salad and maybe a few bought chips would go down well and wouldn't make your kitchen as hot as a oven ( excuse the pun ) 😛

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

All very nice in the cooler weather , but surely with temps getting near the mid 30s all this cooked stuff is far to hot , wouldn't a nice piece of M + S cooked chicken , a fresh salad and maybe a few bought chips would go down well and wouldn't make your kitchen as hot as a oven ( excuse the pun ) 😛

In fact, I eat salad most days, but heat into the kitchen isn't really an issue as the cooker (electric) is under a hood that extracts (to the outside world) and is also pretty well insulated in that even with a hot oven for an hour, the outside skins remain fairly cool.  I do most of the cooking in the oven as I grew up with an AgA which were very much oven cooking based.  This apart from the beans( which I could have warmed in the oven) was a single tray and all cooked in the oven.

IMG_4427.JPG