AND EVERY COMMENT HURTS

AND REALLY KNOCKS YOU DOWN

SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME

IF I SEEM A LITTLE UPSET

BUT SOMETIMES JUST SOMETIMES

EVEN US TOUGH OLD COOKIES

CAN FEEL A LITTLE HURT

SUZY

nowt been wrong with dislexia , had the same fun for years , still never read a book, who cares.......it made me srtonger & happy.......as i special focus........niiiice,

any how if they can understand all the pigeon engish call sentres , & riff raff that come here to the Uk, from leicterstan..

we have nowt to worry...lmao :good:

Guest The Outlaw
Dont take it heart Suzy, as you say he wasnt to know .I remembered your letter about it a few weeks ago,Best wishes. :good:

Whats happened Bman1/Suzy. Have I dropped one, or has someone else. :/

I hated it when I was at school, every English lesson I had I was taken to the corner of the class and get one on one lessons with a teacher on how to write and spell, while all my classmates where laughing at me.

Now as you can see I am fine with my writing and spelling, but the taunt's from my classmates has left their mark, I am now a very shy person and hate speaking in front of people. I also have trouble in speaking.

But I may be shy and keep to myself sometimes, but I keep my head up, cause its not what other people think it's what you think that matter's

Guest The Outlaw
I hated it when I was at school, every English lesson I had I was taken to the corner of the class and get one on one lessons with a teacher on how to write and spell, while all my classmates where laughing at me.

Now as you can see I am fine with my writing and spelling, but the taunt's from my classmates has left their mark, I am now a very shy person and hate speaking in front of people. I also have trouble in speaking.

But I may be shy and keep to myself sometimes, but I keep my head up, cause its not what other people think it's what you think that matter's

You're not wrong there mate good on you.

Tony

Mrs Sweepy

I manage a team who help people in the workplace to upskill in order to gain promotion, improve income and most of all to achieve something. I meet people every day who have a variety of learning difficulties but most of all are doing the job because they have no confidence in their abilities. This is mainly due to experiences suffered at school from teachers and/or other kids. It is soul destroying when you listen to people's experiences. However, it is also great to hear people's coping strategies that they have adopted throughout their schooling/life experiences.

Dyslexia can present itself in many forms and the problem most people have is lack of understanding about Dyslexia. Some people think it is not being able to write b's and d's the right way round etc. However, it also shows itself in certain circumstances such as processing information especiallyunder stressful conditions ie; speaking in front of a groups, asking to do something quickly/under pressure etc.

Dyslexia can be a hinderance to many who cannot read/write but many adults have coping strategies. The Government also offer free courses to adults who cannot read/write at all or need to brush up skills, so there are options available.

I am Dyslexic as is The Outlaw but fortunately it only affects us in certain circumstances and means we can see and analyse the world in a different perspective. As the Outlaw mentioned many artists, athletes, scientists have Dyslexia.

Dsylexia is a gift

Take care

Calam

having dyslexia .is not a disability. if anything it has made me stronger more caring and patient .it has also giving me a very good sence of humour.which gos a long way when we are face with everyday life . i to work with young people who have their problems. and i have never hiding the fact that i am dyslexic .or expect anyone to feel sorry for me . i was brought up to face things head on. of which i have and beleve me i have face a lot bigger battles then having to cope with dyslexia. but we all have are weak moments and today was mine .and like i said the person in qustion did not mean to upset me .i do understand .but now they know it did .now i dont expect an apology.why should someone have to apologize for somthing they knew nothing about .but i just ask them one thing please think before you speake next time thank you

suzy

Guest The Outlaw
I'm Dyslexic and if people can’t understand what my posts say then they can get an explanation via a 24 hour hotline, naturally the call centre is based in Pakistan!

Hey guess what I have just had an inspiration.

I was thinking about Pakistani,

In latin #### = thick I.E Pakiderm=Thick skinned

Does anyone know what stan or stani are in latin

Does that mean Pakistani in latin would be

Tony

Suzy, get your chin up girl; you've got a lot to be proud of and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Most people wouldn't even notice your mistakes, let alone comment upon them.

But I know how you feel, I'm my own worst critic; there are many people who wouldn't even notice my mistakes, but I simply have to keep going back over and over anything that I've written, looking for mistakes. I cannot knowingly leave a miss-spelt word. I had years of tormenting, by several different teachers, and two in particular: Mrs Trent & Mrs Staples - god damn your teeth, you evil old hags! You wouldn't believe how many post-it notes I have to re-write, before I can let anyone else see them.

My dyslexia is mild, very mild compared to many others, but it affects me just the same. I had all the usual comments from the 'teaching' profession, but frankly, in hindsight, I now realise that most of them weren't as bright as me, so **** them! (Sic). When I was at school, Dyslexia was a relatively new condition. It certainly wasn't recognised during my junior school days and my parents had to pay to get a report done, by the Staines Institute, and the London Clinic of, Dyslexia. Even then, my secondary school lost their copy of the report and then denied any knowledge of the fact that I, may require help with certain subjects. Again: **** them!

This doesn't just means that everything that I write has to go through the spell-checker or a dictionary. Spell-checkers do help though, in a way that dictionaries can not. You have to be able to spell a word, or at least nearly spell it, in order to look it up in a dictionary. Whereas with a spell-checker, it looks for the most likely combination. You see, I can not read, not in the way that most people would understand. What I do though, is recognise patterns of letters and relate them to word sounds. I see 'ELEPHANT' and I know it's a big grey trunky animal and I know how to pronounce it, but I have no idea why it is pronounced as it is. I am simply remembering a 'sound' in connection with a 'picture'.

Most of my memory is taken up by images of word patterns, literally. I am a lot better at picking a correctly spelt word, than I am at choosing the correct spelling. Everything else is just baggage.

Just for a point of reference: I started writing this reply at 21:11. That was 2 hours and 47 minutes ago and I have managed to write 445 words.

Guest The Outlaw
Suzy, get your chin up girl; you've got a lot to be proud of and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Most people wouldn't even notice your mistakes, let alone comment upon them.

But I know how you feel, I'm my own worst critic; there are many people who wouldn't even notice my mistakes, but I simply have to keep going back over and over anything that I've written, looking for mistakes. I cannot knowingly leave a miss-spelt word. I had years of tormenting, by several different teachers, and two in particular: Mrs Trent & Mrs Staples - god damn your teeth, you evil old hags! You wouldn't believe how many post-it notes I have to re-write, before I can let anyone else see them.

My dyslexia is mild, very mild compared to many others, but it affects me just the same. I had all the usual comments from the 'teaching' profession, but frankly, in hindsight, I now realise that most of them weren't as bright as me, so **** them! (Sic). When I was at school, Dyslexia was a relatively new condition. It certainly wasn't recognised during my junior school days and my parents had to pay to get a report done, by the Staines Institute, and the London Clinic of, Dyslexia. Even then, my secondary school lost their copy of the report and then denied any knowledge of the fact that I, may require help with certain subjects. Again: **** them!

This doesn't just means that everything that I write has to go through the spell-checker or a dictionary. Spell-checkers do help though, in a way that dictionaries can not. You have to be able to spell a word, or at least nearly spell it, in order to look it up in a dictionary. Whereas with a spell-checker, it looks for the most likely combination. You see, I can not read, not in the way that most people would understand. What I do though, is recognise patterns of letters and relate them to word sounds. I see 'ELEPHANT' and I know it's a big grey trunky animal and I know how to pronounce it, but I have no idea why it is pronounced as it is. I am simply remembering a 'sound' in connection with a 'picture'.

Most of my memory is taken up by images of word patterns, literally. I am a lot better at picking a correctly spelt word, than I am at choosing the correct spelling. Everything else is just baggage.

Just for a point of reference: I started writing this reply at 21:11. That was 2 hours and 47 minutes ago and I have managed to write 445 words.

I'm with you lefty, when I read I have to speed read, just skim the text otherwise it just wobbles about.

My spelling is ok though becuse i do it phonetically then look at it and see if it looks ok.

My maths though is tops because it is logical

I am a builder and have the ability to look at something from obscure angles with my imagination.

Useful but people think i am a bit touched

Tony

I'm with you lefty, when I read I have to speed read, just skim the text otherwise it just wobbles about.

My spelling is ok though becuse i do it phonetically then look at it and see if it looks ok.

My maths though is tops because it is logical

I am a builder and have the ability to look at something from obscure angles with my imagination.

Useful but people think i am a bit touched

Tony

Yeah, I can relate. twelve years of school left me with one O level and that was in Maths.

Guest The Outlaw

I got 6 cse's in english langage, maths, biology, geography, grade 1 in woodwork, home ecconomics which is equal to an "O" level.

So much for my teachers opinions on my abilities.

I am better with my hands and turn them to anything.

Trouble is the cse is valueless now compared to the now easier to pass qualifications.

Tony

I would wish to apologise for any offence caused, see : http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...t=0&start=0

I rarely read posts that are made up of a pure large block of text which means that I have difficulty in making it the whole way through posts made by Mrs. Sweepy (or for example Suffolk Shooter).

I am afraid that I didn't know Mrs. Sweepy had dyslexia - as above it is unlikely that I would have read about it.

I would also wish to apologise to any gypsies, homosexuals, people of a different colour or ethnicity, fat people, thin people, tall people, short people, ugly people, the French and anyone else whom I may have either knowlingly or unknowingly, directly or indirectly offended in any of my posts.

Have I missed something here? I failed to read any insult in Mungler's original request that members consider their readers when writing posts. What difference does it make if the writer is dyslexic, rushing to respond, simple or even (God forbid) foreign? To me, it seemed a perfectly civil observation, albeit grammatically incorrect. There was no malice or criticism implied or intended; when did we become so thin-skinned to even the most innocuous throwaway line?

My main reason for rarely posting is that I cannot be bothered to analyse every comment that comes to mind before posting, for fear to upsetting somebody. Watch "Lead Balloon" (Thursday BBC2) and you will understand. Mungler is a friend and therefore I have taken the plunge on this occasion.

On a related matter, can the system (by which I mean the IT gubbins behind the forum) automatically spell and grammar check posts before sending? Perhaps this will encourage us to review the content of our posts before inflicting them upon others..?

Have I missed something here? I failed to read any insult in Mungler's original request that members consider their readers when writing posts. What difference does it make if the writer is dyslexic, rushing to respond, simple or even (God forbid) foreign? To me, it seemed a perfectly civil observation, albeit grammatically incorrect. There was no malice or criticism implied or intended; when did we become so thin-skinned to even the most innocuous throwaway line?

My main reason for rarely posting is that I cannot be bothered to analyse every comment that comes to mind before posting, for fear to upsetting somebody. Watch "Lead Balloon" (Thursday BBC2) and you will understand. Mungler is a friend and therefore I have taken the plunge on this occasion.

On a related matter, can the system (by which I mean the IT gubbins behind the forum) automatically spell and grammar check posts before sending? Perhaps this will encourage us to review the content of our posts before inflicting them upon others..?

Well said, Flash. I too think that everybody these days is getting over-sensitive, it's like walking on eggshells most of the time. It's a spin-off from the PC mentality that's blighting everything. This is the worst thing about forums, emailing or texting, it's very difficult sometimes to pick up on moods and meanings. This is why smileys are so popular, because the written word can look pretty hostile sometimes, when it's not meant that way, or not meant quite that way. Forums are also very difficult, as we don't read stuff that is of no interest to us, so if somebody posted something in 1989 indicating that they were a vegetarian Pakistani birdwatcher, there's a fair chance that I might not be aware of it today :good::/:sly:

even a spell checker may not help some people, because the forum based ones tell you that the word is spelt wrong, not what is wrong with it. So if you cant see what is wrong, what are you supposed to do? change every letter until the little red line under the word goes away?

All a person could do is type the reply in WORD first, then paste it over. that way there are suggestions for spelling and grammar mistakes. but what a ****-poor way of doing things that is.