trip to Maine

simcgunner

2 hours ago, simcgunner said:

Just a couple of small native brook trout. The season ended after two days. I did get to see brook trout swimming up a tiny brook to spawn quite a remarkable site to see.

ive had some excellent days on the upper reaches of the Tyne in Alston wading the gravelly stretches with a steam rod ....catching "fingerlings"...(about 4-6" long)...they go off like little rockets ..jumping out of the water and doing aerobatics......on water very like yours :good:

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

That is living life to the full , fantastic scenery and I couldn't think of a better way to unwind , many THANKS for sharing your trip with us over the other side of the pond .  

Have you ever been to the UK to hunt or fish  ?   :good:    MM

no unfortunately my military career kept me in the western Pacific for nearly four decades except the last tour in Iraq during the first dust up. But on the way back I was able to spend a week in Gibraltar and had a fantastic time. Got to work with lots of Navies Thai, Taiwan, Aussie, Kiwis,Viets,the last Sha's Iran,,Japan,Spanish,Greek,Turk,.I always wanted to visit the UK, but never had the chance. I'm Afraid at my age its a slim chance That I ever will. I enjoy watching Charlie Jacoby and Johnny Carter on utube and seeing them and hearing  about their exploits.

Edited by simcgunner

42 minutes ago, simcgunner said:

no unfortunately my military career kept me in the western Pacific for nearly four decades except the last tour in Iraq during the first dust up. But on the way back I was able to spend a week in Gibraltar and had a fantastic time. Got to work with lots of Navies Thai, Taiwan, Aussie, Kiwis,Viets,the last Sha's Iran,,Japan,Spanish,Greek,Turk,.I always wanted to visit the UK, but never had the chance. I'm Afraid at my age its a slim chance That I ever will.

Many THANKS for your reply , you never know what in life might come your way and one day you might step ashore on our island , scenery and sport we have got a lot to offer but size wise we cannot compete with your country as some of your states might be nearly as big as the U K , I have only been to the U S A once and I remember we had been on a coach all day long and were going to spend two days in Yosemite National Park , we got to the entrance and it said Welcome To Yosemite Park , as we were making our way on the coach to our overnight cabins we passed some people fishing in the river , I said to my wife , I will go and have a yarn with them when we park up and see what sort of fish they were trying to catch  , well to cut a long story short , over a hour later we were still a long way off from where we were stopping so that park alone could be bigger than the county I live in , mind you , that park alone was well worth a visit and I would had been very happy if I had spent the whole of my holiday there , certainly a lovely place .  :good: