Devastated

richie1606

Got some really devastating news yesterday. My wife who has recently battled breast cancer has been told it had returned on her lung and there is nothing they can do only control it. :rolleyes: Just what we didn't want to hear kids are also devastated. Might not be around for a while so all the best to all on PW for xmas and the New Year. Here's hoping things can't get any worse.

Rich

I’m so very sorry this is such terrible news to deal with just before Christmas. To beat it once and then told this news is devastating for you all.

It must be hard to feel strong just at the moment but lean on your friends and family as much as you need to. They will feel wanted and helpful and can be a great support to you all.

Pop back every now and again for some light hearted entertainment, you’ll need it and you’ll always find some good humoured words on here.

Jonsey

That is truly awful news.

My father in law is going through the final phases of lung cancer but he has had a good innings. The lung cancer was secondary cancer - the primary cancer was on one of his kidneys which they removed.

I won't bore you with the stories but:

1. Generally speaking, I have found Doctors to be complete idiots. Don't believe a word any of them tell you and keep fighting.

2. Get a second opinion as soon as you can and do not let them mug you off and believe me they will try and mug you off because the NHS is now all about ******** targets, statistics and funding. If your circumstances don't accord with the way they want the hospital to pan out "on paper" then they will lead you a merry dance.