banned from site for dead rabbit picture

joekid

I was recently asked by my buddy to post a picture of my combo for sale in airgun bbs, so after editing the photo so it was large enough to see ok the bunnies in the picture had to be edited out, happy with the result i uploaded the image, only it hadnt changed from the original,i pondered on what i had not done for a mo, then turned off and went to bed, later the next day had a look for any feedback to find im banned from the airgun site for posting a picture containing dead rabbits,What has it come to, if it was a fishing rod with a picture of a decent cod in shot, i would be deemed a hero,

post-8578-1197202429.jpg

I was recently asked by my buddy to post a picture of my combo for sale in airgun bbs, so after editing the photo so it was large enough to see ok the bunnies in the picture had to be edited out, happy with the result i uploaded the image, only it hadnt changed from the original,i pondered on what i had not done for a mo, then turned off and went to bed, later the next day had a look for any feedback to find im banned from the airgun site for posting a picture containing dead rabbits,What has it come to, if it was a fishing rod with a picture of a decent cod in shot, i would be deemed a hero,

dead rabbits should be ashamed of your self we all no gun are meant for shooting the ******* ground with take this as a nother cock and bull from the bbs site

wudnt worry mate im on another so called HUNTING site and had my pics deleted even though there was nothing illegal about them , in fact sum of the same pics appeared on my posts on here and there wasnt a word said about them so well done to pw for letting us lads put our pics up without being deleted :blush:

The site is **** - people get banned for the stupidest of things( i got banned for a row over a scope with some bloke) and if you dont shoot HFT ( or another form of crappy paper punching ) your not in with the 'in-crowd'.

dont worry about it - your amonst like minded people on here ( I hope :blush: ) and we like to see the stuff you've been shooting at ( be it animals, birds or paper) :look:

Guest The Outlaw

All credit to the PW mods for not being OTT.

I have critisised them in the past and have applauded them also, but this site outshines the others by a long way.

Yuo and your pics are welcome on my screen any day.

Tony

i got banned by mistake on there once,took me weeks to explainit wernt me that did whatever was suppose to have been done,then i got banned again for sticking up for someone who getting serious stick for spelling and punctuation mistakes :blush:

im back on there now,just in case i need to sell anything,dont post there though,to afraid :look: :lol:

The site is **** - people get banned for the stupidest of things( i got banned for a row over a scope with some bloke) and if you dont shoot HFT ( or another form of crappy paper punching ) your not in with the 'in-crowd'.

dont worry about it - your amonst like minded people on here ( I hope :blush: ) and we like to see the stuff you've been shooting at ( be it animals, birds or paper) :lol:

There's a member on there actually called "some bloke" was it him or are you using the term in general? :look:

Forums all have their own rules - some of them seeming peculiar to different types of people. I think the BBS started out as an air rifle target shooting site. Many of the members don't hunt at all and would not dream of culling vermin. It's also about what the forum owner or sponsor see as acceptable to them. At the end of the day we get to read the rules and decide if that forum is suited to our needs.

Thanks guys, good to hear sense, it seems a bit strange to me , the site discusses shooting game in graphic detail but condones images, you cant have a magazine without images, like you say its good to see how others are doing and the lay of the land,keep up the good work chaps, nice one,post-8578-1197226248.jpg heres another for good measure/ maggie bashing

Forums all have their own rules - some of them seeming peculiar to different types of people. I think the BBS started out as an air rifle target shooting site. Many of the members don't hunt at all and would not dream of culling vermin. It's also about what the forum owner or sponsor see as acceptable to them. At the end of the day we get to read the rules and decide if that forum is suited to our needs.

Dave-G sums it up in a nutshell. :blush:

The Rules are plainly displayed on most Forums and people should read them before registering/joining.

If they don't like them, then don't register/join.

Forums aren't democracies, you can't join and then try to change things, it doesn't work that way.

This extract from the AirgunBBS Rules says it all.

"The rules were in existence before you arrived and trying to change them, decry them or circumvent them will not be appreciated. In short they are non-negotiable. All our long-term members are perfectly happy with this arrangement – we want you to be as well."

Dave-G sums it up in a nutshell. :good:

The Rules are plainly displayed on most Forums and people should read them before registering/joining.

If they don't like them, then don't register/join.

Forums aren't democracies, you can't join and then try to change things, it doesn't work that way.

This extract from the AirgunBBS Rules says it all.

"The rules were in existence before you arrived and trying to change them, decry them or circumvent them will not be appreciated. In short they are non-negotiable. All our long-term members are perfectly happy with this arrangement – we want you to be as well."

Shouldn't that rule end with "Heil Hitler"?

I got banned from the BBS as well, I wouldn't worry about it.

I can't post what I think of them as I got a famous Henry D yellow card last time I said it.

I like the BBS, visit there daily, regarding it as more of a technical nuts and bolts type affair than a hunting site. I've always thought the no links to dead stuff rule a bit odd, but then I just don't post dead stuff there, or stories etc. I think the OP was unfairly treated, seems a genuine mistake. I also think the wording of the rule as quoted above is harsh and unfriendly. But, also as said, rules is rules. I'm a member of another similar type shooting board and there was also the sense of unease and unwantedness (am I making up that word?) if you were a hunter who had pics. That is until a few of us changed it. Doesn't seem like the BBS would be all that receptive to it but you never know without trying. I would be in favour and would support trying BUT I would stop short of getting myself banned as IMO it's a worthwhile forum.

I've never used the site but if you got banned simply for posting the picture above it does seem a little strong. What market is the site aimed at?
airgun bbs,it must be some anti airgun lobbying site from what im hearing,when you subscribe to these sites you expect to see hunting images,same with fishing/ even flower growers weekly has pictues of panzies being beheaded,do we plant lovers complain? The site is aimed at airgun enthusiasts,

Dave -g does sum it up and ,i can go with that, i browse lots of shooting sites and im sure they all have their own sets of rules,but it seemed a little excessive , removing the picture and warning me would have been a more mature way of dealing with it, BUT rules are rules and i shall take my punishment without the slice of lemon