Recommend me a sat nav

poppythedog

She

Who

Must

Be

Obeyed

Sister in law was after one and I think the new Navman range got quite a good write up which is what I recommended to her.

I've got an AA one but it's not that great

Thanks doc! :lol:

I am married, but only since September :rolleyes:

More like She Who Must Bark Orders :lol:

And try here: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

Acer N35 PDA with built in GPS and free downloaded UK or European software - that's what my Dad & Brother use. They also download the 1:25K maps too and use it for walking/biking etc - ~£100 on ebay! Due to it being a PDA it's also way quicker than any TomTom and other dedicated satnav's that I've seen. :rolleyes:

Road Angel 7000. Great piece of kit. Full mapping, voice prompts, camera database, touchscreen.

Well I like mine! It's the only woman's voice ever to get me where I want to go. :P

Any bad bits on the Road Angel? I had one of the old speed camera detectors and was going to get a navigator but reading reviews put me off as pretty much everyone said they were **** and unreliable but this might have been the first series and they may have been improved, they certainly have the best spped camera database and detection.

Maplins are doing a Navman N20 for £109.99 web only price which is pretty good.

Only bad thing with pda based satnavs (my AA satnav is one) is that they seem to crash a bit more often than an dedicated satnav device or that's my impression anyway.

Only bad thing with pda based satnavs (my AA satnav is one) is that they seem to crash a bit more often than an dedicated satnav device or that's my impression anyway.

Interesting - havent heard/seen either of my family's crashing...not once in the couple of years they've had them...even through the middle of Rome...which would make anyone crash!!

I would go with Oly's suggestion. My mate at work has a PDA with tomtom and he also uses it while out hiking.

The only disadvantatge of his is if you let the battery go flat he loses all his stored phone numbers and related data.

I use multimap and print the page off :P

If it's running windows CE it should have a setting to save files when it shuts down or goes flat. I have an XDAII running tomtom3 with a bluetooth gps module and have 2 full postcode programs that run with tomtom that were banned from sale thanks to the O/S people

Click Start then select programs

Scroll to the bottom of the applet and find xBackup and click

Select Contacts and appointments and it should save your phone numbers etc

LG

tom tom 1 - is the only 1..... :P

Go for a TomTom One. I've got a TomTom One Europe.

Went to the bike grandprix at Mugello in June.

Did 6 countries and it never missed a beat.

All I can say is bloody brilliant, I paid £189. You can pick them up for under £150.

If you do go down the Europe route just make sure the Sat Nav you get has STREET LEVEL MAPPING.

Some of them just have the major cities but if you go out into the countryside you'll be ********.