Lefties against right

dustyfox

Just wanting to know if you can think of any advantages or disadvantages of being a left handed person or right handed person.

I was thinking of this while in the car today, that a left handed person will find it easier to shoot a rifle from the drivers side if he was out lamping alone.

Can you think of anything else?

am left handed but i shoot with my right

i write cackhanded and always smadge what i have written .my ten year old is left handed too. and at school they give him a pen that will not smadge .

when i started school in the 70s they would not let me write with my left . untill my mum found out .and told them in no way were they to force me to use my right .

like most left handed people it runs in my famliy .all the men in my famliy are .am the first female .

i like to be differant from the rest off them :lol: (perhaps i should had been born male ) :rolleyes:

xxxxsuzy

The best clay shooting Guys (Sporting are left handers!!) Check it out. its true! No I am right handed no were :P:oops: near their standard unfortunatly!.

Is that because most Sporting layouts are naturally more challenging for right-handers? I'm a southpaw and I frequently 'upset' others with my scores! Also, I have a left-hand Remy 1100 to boot!

The best clay shooting Guys (Sporting are left handers!!) Check it out. its true! No I am right handed no were :P:oops: near their standard unfortunatly!.

Is that because most sporting set-ups are made more challenging for the majority? I'm a southpaw and I frequently 'upset'others with my scores! Also, i have a left-hand Remy 1100 to boot!

kinda have to agree there, most of the provinsial shoots (the more tougher shoot of the year) has always been imo easier for a lefty like myself, now saying that, you still have to break them right.

my big advantage in being a lefty with my shotgun is opening it, as soon as ive fired the gun will fall away from the shoulder and my left hand has broken it whilst my right is digging shells out, ive never seen a tighty righty do the same thing.

Martin

I'm a leftie too, and like Martin and others, I seem to be able to reload much quicker with an O/U or S/S than most righties. I can shoot rifles off either shoulder, which makes solo lamping excursions in the 4x4 fairly easy.

Try finding a decent choice of centrefire rifles in left-hand though.............

The best clay shooting Guys (Sporting are left handers!!) Check it out. its true! No I am right handed no were :good::lol: near their standard unfortunatly!.

No way.......I'm left handed at writing & using a mouse, everything else I'm right handed.

Don't forget a good number of famous people were left handed, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin & Napolean Bonaparte to name but a few..!!

Cat.