Working @ Xmas

game_boy

sweepy is always on call .but in all years we have been togerther he has only been called out about four times .and none of them were over christmas (o dear done it now :rolleyes: ).

i used to work christmas when i was at the hospital. before i met sweepy and had hes babies . being single at the time i always offered to do it instead of someone who had children .plus i got triple pay and it was always a scream .and by the time we knock off we always needed a taxi to take us home :lol::lol:

xxxxsuzy

Working early turn Xmas day, then off for 5 days and back to work for New Years eve.

This is the 1st Xmas I've worked for years, so a bit of a shock to the system and family, (although at the moment, I'd quite happily work the whole lot - 15yr old daughter doing my head in!).

Seriously though, looking forward to getting back at about 2ish on Xmas day and then kicking back for 5 days.

One of the things we do is go for a walk and picnic at Cudmore Grove on Mersea Island on Boxing Day. We've done it for about 5-7yrs now and it's always been freezing cold, a great "pressure release" from the festivities and a bloody good walk and bird watch for the whole family and dogs :rolleyes:

P.

Yep, afraid the cows still need milking/feeding :rolleyes: although with all hands on deck(me, dad and bro) we get all jobs finished by 9a.m. off then till 3

I always hated the thought that I'd have to go back and do the afternoon milking after Xmas dinner - sort of put a dampener on it, (plus I had to drive).

P.

Working early turn Xmas day, then off for 5 days and back to work for New Years eve.

This is the 1st Xmas I've worked for years, so a bit of a shock to the system and family, (although at the moment, I'd quite happily work the whole lot - 15yr old daughter doing my head in!).

Seriously though, looking forward to getting back at about 2ish on Xmas day and then kicking back for 5 days.

One of the things we do is go for a walk and picnic at Cudmore Grove on Mersea Island on Boxing Day. We've done it for about 5-7yrs now and it's always been freezing cold, a great "pressure release" from the festivities and a bloody good walk and bird watch for the whole family and dogs :P

P.

Ped,

We go over there in the summer with the dog & kids. Great for kite flying.

I met Mrs LV in Mersea 20 years ago. I would move there in a flash.

I am not working over Christmas, we are going away. In fact I am winding down already. I am out on the beers in an hour or so !! :oops:

LV

Guest The Outlaw

It looks like I am of for the next 6 weeks because I have strained all the ligaments that hold my pelvis to the

bottom of my spine.

I can just about walk ok but it looks like I have poohed myself. :P

Plenty of time to catch up on PW :oops::P

Tony

It looks like I am of for the next 6 weeks because I have strained all the ligaments that hold my pelvis to the

bottom of my spine.

I can just about walk ok but it looks like I have poohed myself. :P

Plenty of time to catch up on PW :oops::P

Tony

How did you manage that? Were you doing the Time Warp and doing insane pelvic thrusts?

Guest The Outlaw

After a spell of heavy lifting I had a mad sneezing fit and wallop they went, being a cold damp day didnt help.

One of the perils of being tall is bad back syndrome.

Tony