fantastic day

brooke

got to the new farm early this morning,rang to let them know we were there.

farmer sent his agent out to meet us,a cracking bloke and showed us around a massive farm,this farm has over 750 acres of rape alone,i thought it would be all together but its in many different towns and villages.

the lad who was showing us around even put scarers/bangers in other fields to keep them moving our way.

the snow was a pain in the backside but we found a good looking field,walked the birds off,well over 1000 birds took flight together,an awsome sight.

two hides set in the field and then we waited.

it took about 20 minutes for the birds to start to come back,and boy did they!.

three guns going for well over two solid hours,each of us rushing to get the shells back up the spout,it was raining pigeons.

just after 12noon it slowed right down and we had a rest and some dinner.

sat it out till just after 2pm then packed up for the drive home.

we ended up with a very good bag of birds and a fantastic days sport.

rang the agent to say we were going and he invited us back whenever we want and has my number and will ring me when he sees the birds gathering again,and then meet us to show us where they are.

a great day out with my mates and a great days sport,....what more can anyone ask for.

oh forgot to say that 90% of the birds came to the magnet not the decoys.

hes just a call away and all going to plan im going back on sunday.

a nice bunch on the farm and easy to get on with,hope sundays as good as today.

If you can, have a recce on sat then again sun before you set all your kit up, remember they are fickle and sometimes for no apparent reason will fancy the rape more from a field just half a mile away.

Hope you have a repeat day, good luck.

:good: D2D

Hmmm,

All sounds a little bit too good to be true, unless you were paying megabucks for it, (I can't imagine farm workers dashing around as bird scarers to non paying guns, it simply wouldn't happen), still perhaps that's what it's like "oop North", everybody truly in love with everybody else, can't wait to move up there.. :good:

Cat.

Hmmm,

All sounds a little bit too good to be true, unless you were paying megabucks for it, (I can't imagine farm workers dashing around as bird scarers to non paying guns, it simply wouldn't happen), still perhaps that's what it's like "oop North", everybody truly in love with everybody else, can't wait to move up there.. :good:

Cat.

i live up here and it doesn't happen with me. i'm glad with 30-40 pigeon not those vast amounts and thats shooting good land. where am i going wrong ?

maybe shooting too much.

Hmmm,

Cat.

i live up here and it doesn't happen with me. i'm glad with 30-40 pigeon not those vast amounts and thats shooting good land. where am i going wrong ?

maybe shooting too much.

Some area's do get over shot. I pass a OSR field almost every otherday and you can see the crop getting smaller day by day. Hundreds feeding at a time. I have never seen anyone shoot the field in the yeras I have passed it

Maybe there isn't enough shooter "Oop Narth"

But the sport is very very good

Jonno

Hmmm,

Cat.

maybe shooting too much.

Some area's do get over shot. I pass a OSR field almost every otherday and you can see the crop getting smaller day by day. Hundreds feeding at a time. I have never seen anyone shoot the field in the yeras I have passed it

Jonno

beleive me jonno we have pleny of shooters but most of us just seem to be happy with 30+ birds. brooke must be an exeption in his 100s and 1000s :lol::):lol:

well its all true and the nice farmer has this lad on all the time moving scarers and ploughing etc.

i have been very lucky with the land i have but this one came through a friend who for other reasons could not commit to it ,so he rang me........it realy is as easy and simple as that.

as for paying,i did that once in cheshire,75 quid for 35 pigeon between two of us,plus fuel etc.

i dont mind sharing either,i have 4 mates who like to shoot and they get the invites when i can get them there.

today made a great change from where i shoot in yorkshire as the birds are on other land and most of the time we are out at night shooting rabbits.

i love the green eye monster,if you have read other posts from earlier you will see pics of good days we have had.

we were back on the same land on sunday but had a poor day,some you win some you lose.

i will not pay to shoot vermin,i did once and it was a poor day and did lots of miles too.

the land i shoot over has been gathered over the last three years and i have worked hard to gain the rights to shoot,its not luck!,its just hard work and showing willing when a farmer rings for help on the farm,i did a week stone picking for one last year,you get out what you put in.

im not asking you to believe me,i know that what i said is true and have my shooting partners to verify it.

if it was you,i would be pleased for you not doubting you.

Hmmm,

All sounds a little bit too good to be true, unless you were paying megabucks for it, (I can't imagine farm workers dashing around as bird scarers to non paying guns, it simply wouldn't happen), still perhaps that's what it's like "oop North", everybody truly in love with everybody else, can't wait to move up there.. ???

Cat.

maybe shooting too much.

Jonno

beleive me jonno we have pleny of shooters but most of us just seem to be happy with 30+ birds. brooke must be an exeption in his 100s and 1000s :lol::lol::lol:

Roblatch thought that was what you sprinkled on to your ice cream :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love the green eye monster,if you have read other posts from earlier you will see pics of good days we have had.

we were back on the same land on sunday but had a poor day,some you win some you lose.

i will not pay to shoot vermin,i did once and it was a poor day and did lots of miles too.

the land i shoot over has been gathered over the last three years and i have worked hard to gain the rights to shoot,its not luck!,its just hard work and showing willing when a farmer rings for help on the farm,i did a week stone picking for one last year,you get out what you put in.

im not asking you to believe me,i know that what i said is true and have my shooting partners to verify it.

if it was you,i would be pleased for you not doubting you.

i dont understand as yout original post stated :-

got to the new farm early this morning,rang to let them know we were there.

farmer sent his agent out to meet us,a cracking bloke and showed us around a massive farm,this farm has over 750 acres of rape alone,i thought it would be all together but its in many different towns and villages.

the lad who was showing us around even put scarers/bangers in other fields to keep them moving our way.

the snow was a pain in the backside but we found a good looking field,walked the birds off,well over 1000 birds took flight together,an awsome sight.

two hides set in the field and then we waited.

it took about 20 minutes for the birds to start to come back,and boy did they!.

three guns going for well over two solid hours,each of us rushing to get the shells back up the spout,it was raining pigeons.

just after 12noon it slowed right down and we had a rest and some dinner.

sat it out till just after 2pm then packed up for the drive home.

we ended up with a very good bag of birds and a fantastic days sport.

rang the agent to say we were going and he invited us back whenever we want and has my number and will ring me when he sees the birds gathering again,and then meet us to show us where they are.

a great day out with my mates and a great days sport,....what more can anyone ask for.

oh forgot to say that 90% of the birds came to the magnet not the decoys.

am i being mistaken by all this? i thought you were introduced to this farmer the night or so before.(stonepicked last year)

is this a new farm or a farm you have had for a while? as you seem to be confusing things.