Who still cooks fresh chips?

vole

Sometimes the deep fat fryer comes out. I love em!!!!

i do mine in beef dripping once a month with onion vinigar on yum yum just like my mother used to make i can just see your faces now yuk how unhealthy. BUT DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU HAVE TRIED IT

Yay! Beef-dripping fried and soaked in pickled onion vinegar! Brings back memories. Did you ever 'hollow-out' a crusty cob and stuff it full of chips? Mmmmmm!

I prefer to roast them in the oven with mixed herbs and garli powder with some cooking oil poured on.....heaven....otherwise for chips I just go down the local chippy......but being a northerner down south nowhere down here does batter bits/scratchings or whatever else name you call batter bits :lol:

Call em scraps in Lincs but I thought they were illegal - some EEU directive?

:lol:

Call em scraps in Yorkshire too. EEU directive? Whats the EEU got to do? Nowt but scratch their bums till another braindead idea drops out. I'm a Yorkshireman first, Englishman second, not a European and I bet our British compatriots feel the same. :lol:

:lol:

Call em scraps in Yorkshire too. EEU directive? Whats the EEU got to do? Nowt but scratch their bums till another braindead idea drops out. I'm a Yorkshireman first, Englishman second, not a European and I bet our British compatriots feel the same. :lol:

I agree - they've also made being English illegal too - show me any application form where you can tick english...it's British or Other...choose Other & write English & they send it back to you! just my 2pennisworth!

ps I dont think they're allowed to SELL scraps....not that they do anyway! Like I can't sell excess chicken eggs without date stamping & having a snoop round from some department.

Edited by claypop

im english but wish i was french i know theyve got no back bone when it comes to suppurting the likes but when it comes to sticking together and making their voices heard theirs no country better

Too true - and they can keep small handguns for home defence legally - They actually have an adult democracy there & don't claim to know best for their idiot subjects as in the UK.

Try frying 'em twice, cut pot's into chips wash really well in cold water, dry thoroughly! then fry at a slightly lower temp' (about 160 degrees) until soft, take out and allow to drain then wait till the fat/fryer is as hot as it'll go and plung 'em back in.....result is a lovely crispy chip that's all light and fluffy on the inside, cook an egg and butter a bit of bread!

Lovely :lol: