See ya.

sidibear

The kid was genuinly offering his expertise on the item being sold and if anything it enhanced the post and you just removed it "because you can".Most of the people on hear wouldnt have a clue if it was a good bow or a **** one and the post helped in that respect.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the PM and edit facilities for a reason and they should be used as such. Originally the admin team tried to stop the constant bumping by a simple one post system, it didn`t work, so we ask people to stick to the system and it works to a degree.

If we were to give it a free for all then it would fall into disarray and we would go back to the old days where bumping was the norm and charlatans had double identities to boost the price or give credence to their good name, this was long before you became a member, and a few members lost money. I won`t have anything to do with that system.

It comes down to one thing, there are rules in place for a reason and if you don`t like or agree with them then you are welcome to shut the door on the way out.

We have the PM and edit facilities for a reason and they should be used as such. Originally the admin team tried to stop the constant bumping by a simple one post system, it didn`t work, so we ask people to stick to the system and it works to a degree.

If we were to give it a free for all then it would fall into disarray and we would go back to the old days where bumping was the norm and charlatans had double identities to boost the price or give credence to their good name, this was long before you became a member, and a few members lost money. I won`t have anything to do with that system.

It comes down to one thing, there are rules in place for a reason and if you don`t like or agree with them then you are welcome to shut the door on the way out.

His post had nothing to do with BUMPING and you know it didnt,you are clutching at straws now!!

You were wrong but i dont expect in a million years you would admit it,cos its not your style is it.

It seems to me that this site is quickly slideing down the pan, it's certainly seems that there's a rule for 1 & not another. As far as I can see, Sidibear was offering constructive advise & offering the benefit of his experience to potential buyers, yet there are a few on her that talk a load of **** just to increase their tally of posts & no action taken against them. Perhaps if Sidibear had decided to start a weekly review on Bows, the following week -Arrows, the following week -Quivers, I bet he would have been welcomed with open arms, perhaps even Knighted, certainly worshipped as a god.

Unfortunately, his face doesn't fit.

With immediate effect , responses to the initial post in this Section will be permitted..1.

All replies must be serious and regarding the transaction only. 2.

Derailing, bumps and chit chat posts, will be removed. 3.

It is not fair to other posters when the prominence of a thread is extended, by filling it with banter. 4.

1. This means that replies are allowed - No breach of rules so far then?

2. The reply was serious and did pertain to the (future) transaction, in so far as expert advise was offered.

3. It seems that it has been generally accepted that the reply was neither 'Derailing, a bump or chit chat' so how has it qualified for removal?

4. It wasn't banter so why did it need to be removed?

Whilst I agree with the 'the rules are the rules' posts, I fail to see where the rules have been broken.

It seems to me that this site is quickly slideing down the pan, it's certainly seems that there's a rule for 1 & not another. As far as I can see, Sidibear was offering constructive advise & offering the benefit of his experience to potential buyers, yet there are a few on her that talk a load of **** just to increase their tally of posts & no action taken against them. Perhaps if Sidibear had decided to start a weekly review on Bows, the following week -Arrows, the following week -Quivers, I bet he would have been welcomed with open arms, perhaps even Knighted, certainly worshipped as a god.

:o :good: now that was funny, come to think of it though i would like to see the reveiws on bow and equip, i shoot them also, care to start one sidi :good:

you one reader here waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and waiting.

Martin

Correct

If it carries on there will be only moderators to moderator each other

I do like it when a moderator deletes something from the for sale section it always gets a good reaction from the crowd

I bet certains ones get a woody from all the power :o :good::good:

Jonno

H

With the benefit of hindsight you could have simply moved his post, & PMd him telling him why.

I did look in on the other side last night, was not really impressed, but the forum is young. I was however disapointed to see that several of what I considered to be highly valued PW members have nailed their colours higher on our oponents mast than ours. It will be sad if they are gone for good, but good luck to all of them just the same.

H, may I suggest that you park the spade and have a brew so to speak.

webber

its a sad day when we loose members like sidibear and get stuck with clowns. hes allways been a good member to talk to easy going and trustworthy and has met up with the midlands massive to show us his poor clay shooting efforts but hes a good un you need to shake and makeup

Edited by SPARKIE

Gotta say this sounds a bit harsh, fella was offering a decent bit of advice on a rare post in the for sale section. I for one, who have always fancied a go at archery, would have found his post useful as it would have saved me searching google

Scott

I have to agree and it does sound petty, as for the "theres the door attitude" well thats really not on, he meant well and maybe threw his rattles but no need to push members away,IMO as a mod H you need to lighten up a bit.

You have a point if the forum rules are applied strictly but your actions again have been criticised as being heavy handed,

A more member friendly approach needs to be adopted, or members will just not post and we will all lose out.

:o D2D

We received numerous complaints from members over a long period, that the original format of Buy,Sell and Swap was allowing chat/bumping/derailment on threads.

There was no knee jerk reaction to these complaints and a few "requests" were posted long before we had to take some action.

So we posted the conditions for using this facility, which included no chat/bumping/banter.

Still we received complaints that some members were ignoring this and so we separated the sections (allowing items to remain on the "front page" for longer) and increased the clean up of this section and started PMing the posters.

If people want to communicate about items in these sections, they can use email and PM facilities.

Members are able to start a new thread in the appropriate section, to refer to something in the Sales/Wanted sections, if they wish.

When you think about it, that should satisfy almost everyone if people observe the protocol.

The Rules around this Forum developed from legal requirements and operating experience, in the latter part most of the development came from members suggestions, so you basically get the Rules that the majority ask for (and that make sense to Administration).

Its accepted that these Rules won't suit everyone, which is why you are made aware of them when you join, or they are displayed at the top of the appropriate section.

The vast majority of members work within them, with only the occasional lapses, so they can't be all bad and are nowhere near as draconian as some Forums.

However, they are not negotiable.

Suggestions can be made in the "Suggestions and Additions..." section and all of these are considered.

The Moderators only uphold the Rules, we don't make them up as we go along.

If "lapses" appear to have not been noticed, its because we can't read every word that is posted on this Forum, not because there is "one rule for one ...etc".

I didn't mean to make anywhere near as long a post as this, but perhaps people need to be advised of the history of this one. ........................here endeth the First Lesson. :o

With immediate effect , responses to the initial post in this Section will be permitted.

All replies must be serious and regarding the transaction only.

Derailing, bumps and chit chat posts, will be removed.

It is not fair to other posters when the prominence of a thread is extended, by filling it with banter.

Cranfield, the point that a good number of people have made here, is not that they disagree with your quoted rules, but that it isn't relevant, in this case.

Taking the way this case in point was handled, if; member X posted a For Sale post for a 20 year old, but still boxed and perfect Whogermaflip and member Y replied that he used to sell Whogermaflips many years ago and that this product was subjected to an urgent product recall, due to safety concerns and did member X know if this one safe or not...This would be removed because it's banter, bumping or just chit chat.

The suggest that the member should have started a new thread and link to the orginal, doesn't seem that sensible either. There are always expections to rules and I believe should have been made here.

I look forward to a reply with regards what is and what is not banter or chit chit although, I'm sure I know this will end and I give it 90 minutes.

We received numerous complaints from members over a long period, that the original format of Buy,Sell and Swap was allowing chat/bumping/derailment on threads.

There was no knee jerk reaction to these complaints and a few "requests" were posted long before we had to take some action.

So we posted the conditions for using this facility, which included no chat/bumping/banter.

Still we received complaints that some members were ignoring this and so we separated the sections (allowing items to remain on the "front page" for longer) and increased the clean up of this section and started PMing the posters.

If people want to communicate about items in these sections, they can use email and PM facilities.

Members are able to start a new thread in the appropriate section, to refer to something in the Sales/Wanted sections, if they wish.

When you think about it, that should satisfy almost everyone if people observe the protocol.

The Rules around this Forum developed from legal requirements and operating experience, in the latter part most of the development came from members suggestions, so you basically get the Rules that the majority ask for (and that make sense to Administration).

Its accepted that these Rules won't suit everyone, which is why you are made aware of them when you join, or they are displayed at the top of the appropriate section.

The vast majority of members work within them, with only the occasional lapses, so they can't be all bad and are nowhere near as draconian as some Forums.

However, they are not negotiable.

Suggestions can be made in the "Suggestions and Additions..." section and all of these are considered.

The Moderators only uphold the Rules, we don't make them up as we go along.

If "lapses" appear to have not been noticed, its because we can't read every word that is posted on this Forum, not because there is "one rule for one ...etc".

I didn't mean to make anywhere near as long a post as this, but perhaps people need to be advised of the history of this one. ........................here endeth the First Lesson. :o

Your right cranfield it is a long post and it doesnt really apply as the post that was removed was not chat,derailment or bumping the sale,it was information for everyone to see about the product that was being sold.A product that not a lot of people know about on here,therefore very helpfull if anyone was considering buying it and to remove it was just petty.

Do you want to start a poll to see who has been unfairly moded by you hd?

Let's have the Poll BB, I think that will be the only way these Mod/Mods will come to terms with members feelings on this site, which is steadily going down in a spiral motion. The number of members that have brought this subject up over & over again, just proves the point. The sentence underlined above springs to mind.

I for one would have relished Sidibears advice if I was interested in that Bow, I cannot see where the rules where broken.

BJ.