Women at work

ME

A (bloke) mate and I have worked happily together since September.

In January we take on this lady to do some telesales. She started off a little feisty around the office but we just put it down to her being keen and out to make a good impression. Things have got worse recently and she is making my life a misery - and I am the boss !!!

Every answer I give her to her numerous questions she picks holes in. :drinks:

Every procedure I put in place she finds a "ahh yes but what if..." :drinks:

You get the picture..

I am currently sitting here with a bottle of Rioja drowning my sorrows trying to write more "idiots guides to telesales" knowing that as soon as I give them to her she will question them. ???

Anyone else feel that a womans place is the home and that life would be more simple if women didnt get involved in (mans) work....?? :sick:

A (bloke) mate and I have worked happily together since September.

In January we take on this lady to do some telesales. She started off a little feisty around the office but we just put it down to her being keen and out to make a good impression. Things have got worse recently and she is making my life a misery - and I am the boss !!!

Every answer I give her to her numerous questions she picks holes in. :drinks:

Every procedure I put in place she finds a "ahh yes but what if..." :drinks:

You get the picture..

I am currently sitting here with a bottle of Rioja drowning my sorrows trying to write more "idiots guides to telesales" knowing that as soon as I give them to her she will question them. ???

Anyone else feel that a womans place is the home and that life would be more simple if women didnt get involved in (mans) work....?? :sick:

Personally I've never been entirely convinced that husbands and wives working together is a good idea.

In January we take on this lady to do some telesales.

Personally I've never been entirely convinced that husbands and wives working together is a good idea.

She isnt my wife mate.....but I pity the poor bloke !

Edited by LV

Hi LV

Could be a case for you to sit down with her and explain the situation that you feel she is not assisting you as fully as she should be and you need a Team player not someone who is obstructing any improvements etc.

But of course her ideas are always welcomed.....

Worse senario is that im sure you can let her go if she as only been working with yourselves for a couple of Months.

Longer you leave it the worse it will get...

Anyway not sure about not allowing them to work but deffinate 100% they should not be allowed to drive a car ???

Cheers

We got a new bloke in my department who was just the same; everything I said would be questioned and I got the impression that he was trying to score points against me because I was the boss.

I found that taking him aside and reminding him of that fact with the added suggestion that he wind his neck in worked wonders.

If you're the boss LV then it is that simple, it sounds like she is trying to discredit you and undermine your authority. Pull her up short and sharp now and save yourself a whole lot of hassle down the road. ???

Zapp

Turn it around. Ask her for her solutions and then pick holes in them. If she objects, tell her you just wanted her to know how bad it was when someone is very negative.

I don't agree about the view of women at work. Sadly, my job involves sending people to prison and I employ a number of women - proportionately, about one third. They are intelligent, analytical, hardworking and truly hard faced. They are very feminine, but can compete on equal terms with the lads - no problem.

Set aside the fact she is a Woman and take the same approach you would if a male where to act in the manor

im not being sexist but equality is has its place and exceptions to the rule do also , allowances can be made but it seems the aspect thats she is a SHE happens to be creating an issue ..

All What i term Go Getters can create friction quickly and its hard to control however do not let them get the better of you pile responsibility's and work on them and often they fall into place if not well then you could have a huge asset ....

In my line of work we have a few and 90% are good looking, slim, petite and as such useless at any heavy work and therefore should not be employed as firefighters. There have been several cited in divorces and a few just try it on and when they get told they`re useless run off and say they`re being harassed.

???:drinks: :drinks:

Turn it around. Ask her for her solutions and then pick holes in them. If she objects, tell her you just wanted her to know how bad it was when someone is very negative.

I agree, I have used this a few times. If they question what I tell them, then I turn it around ask them what they think they should do. Then tell thems it's **** and get one with their job or start looking for new employment.

LV, you are being bullied in the workplace by a bint, get a grip of yourself man :drinks::drinks::sick::mad:

Definite gaylord behaviour you will be getting emotional next ???

LOL !

I will tell her that I now outsource all my HR needs and send her and her futile questions to LB for some straight-talking...

(she is blonde and got big norks if that sways your decision ?)

That sounds like a completely unacceptable situation.

What is even more unacceptable, is the fact that she might even be right in what she is saying. ???

Cranners,

All I know is that we used to go down the pub at 4pm every Friday. (before she started)

Shes now making us busy, picking up on our failings and making us work for a living. I employed her because I couldnt be ***** to do telesales and she has big la-las - it seemed like a win-win situation.

I go to work to escape a nagging woman and now it's all gone to pot. We have even had to stop wee-ing in a bottle under the desk and we have had to start washing our tea cups up more than once a month.

******* women !!!

:drinks::drinks:

Offer to fetch her a drink and monk in it.

This may not help the overall situation but you'll feel a whole lot better

RBS,

If I did that it would either be "too salty" or "not salty enough" believe me, you cant win with this one !

Offer to fetch her a drink and monk in it.

This may not help the overall situation but you'll feel a whole lot better

RBS,

If I did that it would either be "too salty" or "not salty enough" believe me, you cant win with this one !

If you do it long enough, try varying your diet, see if she notices any difference...