Topics and language.

Cranfield

I accept that I may well be considered an "old fogey",( although I am younger than quite a few members who post] but, I hope you don't dismiss my comments because of this.

Surely I am not alone in despairing at some of the topics being posted and the seemingly obligatory use of bad language.

Recent topics concerning badgers, cats, shooting pet dogs etc., make me wonder what people are thinking of.

This is a Public Forum, anyone can view what you post on here.

We certainly do not do shooting any favours, even if we are only joking.

Just because people want to swear in their every day language, why swear when you type.

Even if the words are the basic ones, why use them ?

Even using loads of asterisks, or misspelling the words, doesn't make it any better.

Lets clean this site up a bit.

I recently had reason to contact two members who haven,t posted for awhile.

I asked them why that was.

The two points I have raised here, were the first things they mentioned.

Good man Cranners and well said.

I'd actually go a bit further and request that the moderators take a little more proactive role in this. There are those who don't think about what they type and others who just don't care. We'll always get them, but it is essential that they are dealt with firmly and quickly.

.i posted earlier regarding a newspaper report and that seems to have been deleted.not sure why.

Your post wasn't deleted .it was moved to the thread on the same topic that is running in "other types of shooting".

General banter is for anything that has nothing to do with shooting.

The moderator/s do a perfectly acceptable job on this site and appear to be at work constantly.

Cheers Mods

LB

:lol: Thanks lb but from now on i am not going to delete posts but edit them giving the reason why.

That means that your late night posts will now remain on but with my comments added in place of your text.

What about incomprehensible posts?

Some posts are a constant stream of jibberish ramblings which force you to stand back and work out what the person is trying to say.

Please can everyone just spend a few moments to include punctuation, and at least form posts into legible sentences, with capital letters at the start, and stops at the end.

And........ read what you have written before you click on "add reply".

What about incomprehensible posts?

Some posts are a constant stream of jibberish ramblings which force you to stand back and tey and work out what the person is trying to say.

Please can everyone just spend a few moments to include punctuation, and at least form posts into legible sentences, with capital letters at the start, and stops at the end.

And........ read what you have written before you click on "add reply".

Hammergun

I hope you were being ironic.

jimDfish :lol:

Well Hammergun, we, as pigeon shooters, have an vast and varied library of musical tastes (see mad springers post)

I really do not understand your post Roy. Do these artistes or titles offend you? If so why?

I could not guess at the musical preference's of antis, but I will hazard a guess that they, like us, listen to a varied selection of music.

My best days shooting was carried out listening to a missy elliot track from the album 'This is not a test' , the track titled 'pass the dutch' was playing when I downed two pigeons with one shot.

I still get goosepimples when I hear my kids playing this track.

I hope you are not suggesting that the Clash, M Manson and the legendary Lou Reed are, well, somehow less than suitable for people that shoot.

Look forward to your reply.

PS I listen to Charlie Rich and Jim Reeves most of the time and one of them is black.

LB

Could someone please enlighten me as to what the anti's have ever done in relation to what we at pigeonwatch have ever talked about.

1. Does it or has it ever made a button of difference

2. Is a picture of someone standing with a gun a dead animal/bird and a smile not cover everthing the anti's are on about, WAKE UP, WAKE UP. (but keep the pics coming I love em)

Bad language

1. Bad language who says its bad. (think about it) Should be used sparingly

2. I have read very few posts that someone has swore with any vengance that have not been dealt with by Ern. (Good man it can't be easy)

3. Its part of everyday life like it or lump it and before anyone starts on me when i post the word **** it comes from 'FATHER TED' and who didn't laugh at that.

Back to the whole ANTI thing WAKE UP.

Cranners you are 100% correct about some of the topic's that have been posted they have offended me, the shoot your own dog thing made me sick. People should keep some of there views to themselves.

Hammergun you request punctuation, capital letters, spelling etc sorry mate but im no english literate nor a typist and Colloquisms etc are what makes us all that wee bit different and therefore interesting. Being able to understand a post has never been much of a problem for me (and im thick) and if I could not understand it it wasn't worth trying to.

Sorry lads if this annoys any of ya but im just trying to live in the real world.

Plus I think im still ****** from the red vino from last night.

How come the music to shoot by poll has ended up the topics and languages section??

jim

:lol: Good point that, i hadn't noticed till you said. It seems our friend Hammergun posted in here and everyone has followed on.

Short of either deleting the last few posts or merging the threads, there is not a lot i can do now. :*)

well said cran.

i do not like the fact that some members on here use 'txt language' like the shortening of words,

:lol: I agree with your sentiments entirely about using " txt " language Aled but can't find any referance to this in Cranfield's post although i am sure he is of the same opinion.

PS I assume by " cran" you did mean Cranfield :rolleyes::D

I agree with the no swearing part but as for spelling and grammar a few of us (me included) have poor spelling and can not help it, I try always to use word before posting but sometimes I can not and some people can not either or don’t know how. Poor spelling will be with me for ever and I don’t think that making people try to spell or use grammar Correctly when sometimes they can not is the right way to go as it makes the forum selective and less open to all. But I am 100% on the swearing and thinking before posting. (just my view)

crow :lol:

i guess no matter what you do or say ,some poor so'n-so will get bitter and twisted, i could refer to the ribbing poor aled took over the last few weeks with his accuracy international shooting prowess,hats off to you lad by the way you took it well, if you take a good look at the world around you you'l see too many little goody 2 shoes around trying to right everybodys wrongs,frankly i find an absolute pain in the butt , as somebody famous (??) once said," you can please some of the people all of the time ,all of them some of the time " blah blah blah you know the rest ,leave the forum the way it is , i think its being run by an excellant group of people ,for an excellant group :lol::D:rolleyes: hats off to you all

martin .