what shell it be

Mrs Sweepy

me & sweepy

have a little prob(dont worry its not of the :hmm::no: nature ).

its were to go for are summer break.

now i fancy Jersey .but sweepy always wanted to go to guernsay.

we really must come to the agreement soon so we can book it or otherwise it will charming clacton for the sweepy family :P:lol::lol: .

so we are asking you kind people on PW to help us decide .what shall it be .

it is so hard as both look very beautiful places to go to .

is there anyone on here who can help us .with are little prob(better still do we have anyone who actually live in these wonderful places . and can tell us what they are really like.

xxxxx suzy

p.s what the isles of dogs like (any good ) :/

The isle of dogs is in London's east end, it's where I work and it's full of financial institutions and IT companies, not recommended for a holiday!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Dogs

I can't help with the other two, never been!

I know for a fact that your are a honest individual Pin and I respect that, but posting on a public forum that you 'work' is just asking for trouble :/

LB

Best holidays I have been on.. have been Denmark for the amazing clean white beeches, Norway for the mountains crystal clear river water, Holland renting out a yacht and piloting it around cannals :lol: Italy for food, wine, and more mountains!

And Lastly, good old Scotland. I tell ye, there sre some amazing sights to be had in the mountains of Scotland along with rivers, lakes, valleys, etc :/

Given the chance of a life time, I would die to do a a course with the SAS or army in the Brecon Beacons :hmm: I gonly get that feeling of freedom up in the mountains and hills :no:

Why not go to Lanzarote and do some camel-back tours, Egypt see the Pyramids and go to the Red Sea... Hmm I wish I could afford a holiday now :P

I'd vote for the Channel Islands, Mrs S. I prefer Alderney and Guernsey to Jersey. There's some good scuba diving, clear seas and decent beaches. It is pretty quiet though.

You bastid! dont you dare mention warm water suba diving on this forum. Im about to book my OW scuba course in the UK with a WETSUIT as my only exposure protection :/:hmm:

But atleast holiday dives will be special when I finally get the chance :no:

In Jersey they speak English, not french!

I would not choose either for a holiday, the prices are far too high for what you get. In Jersey public transport is few and far between, so that means a hire car, which is about £250 a week for a fiesta! Then there's the fact that they use £££ so you don't benefit from the exchange rate, and then there's also the fact that the weather is not always much warmer than england.....

Same applies to Guernsey.

On the plus side though, you can go to Jersey and if you arrange it with Crabbe range you can shoot pistols, and semi auto rifles! :/ There is also loads of german WWII ruins to explore and generally a lot to do. It is fairly well geared to tourists.

It all depends what you want from your holiday. If you like beaches then Jersey has enough to go to a different one every day for 4 weeks! There are plenty that most tourists don't know about that are quiet.

I'm not sure if I just biased becuase I grew up there for 9 years. (Jersey). Still got family down there.

What I don't like about the Islands is that they are tiny and after a week doing 40mph can't wait to jump across to france to get some decent speed!

Of course having relatives with speedboats and cars to play with makes it interesting too.

----------------------------

My recommended places for a holiday would be Scotland obviously, the West Coast is spectacular and some of the small islands like Raasay are great for getting away from it all.

But if you prefer beachs, heat, beer, then the channel islands (especially Jersey) would suit you far better.