I'm an anti!

islandmartin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you propose we do? LACS have oposed country sports for years anyhow.

Ive written to my MP regarding the stupid proposed restrictions snaring, How many other folk on here have?

I feel suprised that the alliance are not making a noise regarding the proposed snaring restrictions.

Edited by paulf

A sense of reality is needed, I seriusly doubt any goverment would even atempt to ban fishing or shooting and theres no real clamour for it unlike fox hunting were it was on the cards for it for a long time.

They may not ban it but they can put more restrictions on shooting and fishing.

Untill they try what can we do, thats my point.

we can keep doing our best to prove that we are commited to our sport (job for some) and we wont back down. can you imagine them banning horse racing! bet that will never happen, as too many people with cash envolved. they sem to think its ok to put a ban on traditions that have gone back hundreds of years.

they can burn in hell as far as im concerned. :yes:

Well after getting hunting with hounds & coursing banned, I doubt the Antis will all give up. Safe in the knowledge that the world is a much better place now thier twisted agenda has become law :yes: . I fear that shooting and angling will be next on the agenda. I hope that shooters & anglers will club together, unite and fight these people who are looking to ban completley legitimate past times :hmm::hmm:

Field sports has many sections and as long as we are happy to attack each other the anti's work is done for them, there are no shortage of enemies ready to attack us bit by bit, and unless all field sports can stand together then heaven help us, Sam you are entitled to your opinion but now coursing is gone are you going to look to ex courser's for support when the enemy arrives at your door ?

The fox hunting ban is a ban on paper only,it is not being upheld by the police and the lacs are spending fortunes on private prosecutions.There is more people riding to hounds now than there was before the ban and in some places more foxes are being killed than ever before,only difference is they are being accidentally killed :hmm:

As for sams statement about how glad he is its banned cos he read on a website it was cruell,well now people can read on this website that sams a muppet and because its on a website it must be true :yes: As someone else said to base your views on a bit of text is stupid and is something an anti would do, as the majority of them have no experiance of fieldsports either.

As for sams statement about how glad he is its banned cos he read on a website it was cruell,well now people can read on this website that sams a muppet and because its on a website it must be true :yes: As someone else said to base your views on a bit of text is stupid and is something an anti would do, as the majority of them have no experiance of fieldsports either.

I believe this has been pointed out before (Muppet). He gets on the troll bandwagon sharpish, opinions are sometimes best left unaired.

He also has opinions that wouldnt look good on a school playground.

Despairing

Sarah

Many anglers try to distance themselves from any form of hunting thinking it will "let them off the hook". They fail to realize that the anti hunters not only want hunting banned but fishing banned too. Then they want to stop you keeping pets,wearing leather,eating meat,wearing shoes.... We do have to stick together unlike the anglers ( I am a lifelong angler BTW ). I have no interest in hare coursing or fox hunting with hounds but would defend either to my last breath as it is all the same sport! Especially to the antis!

From shooting a rat in your garden to shooting big game it is all field sports and justifiable.

Edited by vole21

Well, I have to say I am disappointed, only 3 pages and 4 responses to my comments.

Things really must be slow down south, obviously none of you have any sort of sense of humour or an ability to detect when a post might be written in facetious tone.

:good:

Many anglers try to distance themselves from any form of hunting thinking it will "let them off the hook". They fail to realize that the anti hunters not only want hunting banned but fishing banned too. Then they want to stop you keeping pets,wearing leather,eating meat,wearing shoes.... We do have to stick together unlike the anglers ( I am a lifelong angler BTW ). I have no interest in hare coursing or fox hunting with hounds but would defend either to my last breath as it is all the same sport! Especially to the antis!

From shooting a rat in your garden to shooting big game it is all field sports and justifiable.

Well said that man

:good::drinks::good::lol::good:

When I read posts like Ferret Masters I realise that the future of country sports has a chance. When I read some of the other tripe I despair :good:

Digger, he must have been re-incarnated, don't you think?

The ratio of hares to greys averages at 7.5 to 10 getting away. I suspect that Reynard and the motor vehicle have a better chance than any longdog owner :good: so lets ban Foxes and cars :drinks:

LB

I personally am glad the Waterloo cup went the way of the dodo.

2 words - anti - fool!

+ a few more, narrow minded! why not join the lacs forum you would fit right in there!, i wish I could swear on here because I would call you a fat twwat!!!

oops did i say That? naughty me

Well, I have to say I am disappointed, only 3 pages and 4 responses to my comments.

Things really must be slow down south, obviously none of you have any sort of sense of humour or an ability to detect when a post might be written in facetious tone.

:good:

You might think it is something to laugh about Sam, many of us dont. You lads are allowed to run hounds still, I hope you chaps dony have to put up with the bullsugar from no 10 that we have had to endure.

I hear it could be on the cards, your jokes would make you even more un popular.

Cheesed off

Sarah

As for sams statement about how glad he is its banned cos he read on a website it was cruell,well now people can read on this website that sams a muppet and because its on a website it must be true :good: As someone else said to base your views on a bit of text is stupid and is something an anti would do, as the majority of them have no experiance of fieldsports either.

I believe this has been pointed out before (Muppet). He gets on the troll bandwagon sharpish, opinions are sometimes best left unaired.

He also has opinions that wouldnt look good on a school playground.

Despairing

Sarah

Read the whole post dramaqueen,i said "as someone else said" and i didnt call sam a troll i said "it is something an anti would do"ie base their veiws on something they know nothing about.(a bit like you and shooting :good::drinks: )

Many anglers try to distance themselves from any form of hunting thinking it will "let them off the hook". They fail to realize that the anti hunters not only want hunting banned but fishing banned too.

I'm pleased to say, I've never met an angler with views like this (and I've met an awful lot of anglers). All the anglers I've known are well aware that their sport could be next, and the only reason that they're not under immediate threat is that the sheer numbers of anglers means that it's an instant vote-loser for any politicos that are stupid enough to run with it.

I agree that all field sports followers must stick together on this issue. I don't shoot game, hunt foxes, or even shoot vermin, but I would support all these sports/occupations. I fish and I shoot clays and I am under no illusions that any small victory for the antis brings the threat to my sports a little bit closer to home. :good:

Edited by Chard

when i was a rep for a certain working terrier club a friend of mine was in charge of the local fishing club so i surgested we had a joint meeting with our members as things where getting sticky with ALF and join forces his reply was we dont have any problems we are seperate to you .country pursuits country ways countrysports devided we stand. i hope all fishing men hook a bigon