CCI Claybusters

What most of you don't realise is 90% of cartridges these days come originally from RIO. Including these. Aside from slightly hard primers which aren't a problem in a proper gun anyway never had an issue with them. A cartridge is a cartridge I buy the cheapest I can find.

slightly hard primers

I have noticed that the primers have a slight tendancy to "burst", but I really dont care because...

A cartridge is a cartridge I buy the cheapest I can find.

:hmm: Exactly, they smash up the clays fine. As long as they are legal and safe, I'll use them (yes, even D&J :hmm::hmm: )

ZB

I'd just like to clarify that I'm not saying I can't see the benefits expensive cartridges offer.

A: Probably the biggest advantage ; Snobbery! They look good in the bin, lets be honest pretty colours, high brass, nice gold markings, gordon recoil system all look great.

B: Some offer higher velocities at lower or equal perceived kick due to smoother burning powder.

C: Expensive cartridges usually have better shot to give better patterns. Likewise wads. And they are matched to powder burn rate better.

D: Some expensive cartridges have recoil reduction systems eg. gordon.

But for practice, low level comps and any normal shooter you are wasting your money buying anything but the cheapest, a local chap round us regularly shoots 100 straights with cheap steel carts on dtl, and I shoot the cheapest steel I can find too, and while I am far from shooting a straight 100, I reckon I could give most shooters a good run for their money. In fact the next plan is join the cpsa and get my classification.

The way i look at it is my shooting improves most from practice and the excellent tutoring I get from a very good friend, he can't tutor me unless I can afford to shoot, and I can shoot far more using cheap cartridges, in fact the difference in price between cheap steel and expensive lead is a shacking half price. Meaning I can shoot almost twice as much using steel. Expensive cartridges are all in the head IMO, like the dozens of other accessories sold to shooters to improve their shooting, I try to keep my head out of shooting as that's when silly foibles start to creep in and you find yourself losing the plot.

I've used over 2000 of these never had misfire and not found them too dirty . At the end of the day if your bashing clays for practice why fork out for exotic cartridges . The last batch I bought were £132 a 1000 . Can't get them at moment so just bought some "Kent Cartridges" with fibre wads banged out 100 yesterday with no problems but a bit dirtier , cost £148 a 1000

Edited by poole Harbour

Absolutely **** all wrong with D & J's. Never had a misfire and they're no dirtier than many other "cheap" cartridges. All this pseudo-expert talk is just so much ****.

Unfortunately, they're not particularly cheap any more so I don't buy them, there's always something cheaper around. For top competition shots, they need good cartridges, as one more hit can make the difference betwen winning and losing. For anybody else, cheap is fine, it makes stuff all difference, and if you've convinced yourself otherwise, you're deluded. As for dirty - well, it's nothing that one swipe with a Boresnake won't sort out, so they're not dirty. :blink: