CHEAP DIESEL

radio1ham

Pick a day, lets just say a Monday in September.

Let the government know that you won't be using your car that day, and will instead be using the bus or train to get to and from work. After all it's what they want us to do isn't it.

Then watch as the whole public transport system crashes under the extra load. Let's be honest it can hardly cope as it is! By making the protest date public it gives the powers that be time to organise all the extra buses/trains etc. needed to cope.

How about we pick a day in June, and EVERYBODY calls in a sicky or strike / whatever, as in the whole country work force wise, make it a Wednesday too, split the week up, close down factories and plants, everything at standstill :lol::P are we setting a date?

oh by the way £129.9 / ltr

IMHO labour have rolled off the good economy left by Clark, they have had ten years, ten of the most prosperous years i would imagine and what do they have to show for it?? jack ****, not a bean and NO ONE in the present government to my mind has a clue about how to steer the country through a recession, it's an open cheque book all the time, one of these days those cheques will start to bounce, WE can no longer afford there life style, idiots, first class B)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY way fuel will come down in price is if the retalers are given he prospect of something that really scares them.

The only way to do this is to hit them where it hurts, the bank balance.

What I would propose is that the whole country should stop buying fuel from one retailer for 1 week then the next week it should change to another one. This way we can all buy fuel all week (which is where the last fuel protest fell down). However all of the Shell's, Esso's, Bp's etc that now have loveley cafe's, and sell milk and the other products we buy whilst filling up will make a loss. On top of us not buying their fuel, this will hurt.

The company we decide not to buy from would be declared on a saturday evening so they have no chance to plan for the staff rosters etc.

I would propose we begin with BP as they seem to be consisently the most expensive round here.

All this needs to make work is as many people as possible to do it.

If anyone is interested at running a diesel for less than 70p a litre read this!

Someone said to me a while ago about mixing vegetable oil in with the diesel to make it go further? I thought it was a load of **** so never give it as second thought. anyway a mate of mine told me he had been running his 4x4 and his mrs diesel car on 50/50 and since then ive also been running all our vehicles on it

it burns a lot cleaner than diesel so is therefore better for the engine

all you do is go to the cash and carry and buy vegetable oil at 37p a litre then mix it 50/50 with normal pump diesel put it in a drum give it a good shake and off you go! no difference in driving at all!

pocket is better off though!

and best of all you dont need to convert the car in any way!

If anyone is interested at running a diesel for less than 70p a litre read this!

Someone said to me a while ago about mixing vegetable oil in with the diesel to make it go further? I thought it was a load of **** so never give it as second thought. anyway a mate of mine told me he had been running his 4x4 and his mrs diesel car on 50/50 and since then ive also been running all our vehicles on it

all you do is go to the cash and carry and buy vegetable oil at 37p a litre then mix it 50/50 with normal pump diesel put it in a drum give it a good shake and off you go! no difference in driving at all!

I have just replaced a feul pump for a mate on a defender who done the same thing. 50/50 veg oil/diesel is not good for your motor. All the seals in the pumps were perished. My shogun is a an 800 quid job for a pump so I am not risking it.

Regards starlight32

I have just replaced a feul pump for a mate on a defender who done the same thing. 50/50 veg oil/diesel is not good for your motor. All the seals in the pumps were perished. My shogun is a an 800 quid job for a pump so I am not risking it.

Regards starlight32

And also if most people starts buying veg oil for there cars their will be more demand for it which the producers will charge more.

as ever I think it depends on the vehicle, generally the older diesels will run on all sorts, hell my brother managed to drive his fourtrak home on petrol :good:

with more modern diesels with increasingly complicated and expensive pumps I'd be wary of using anything else in it, I'm certainly not putting any in my L200 but then I've a company fuel card so it doesn't matter. as far as vegetable oil at 35p a litre that may be last years price but its shot up since more people started bunging it in their cars and the fuel companies having to use a certain percentage bio fuel in normal diesel.

Best option IMHO is red diesel but then thats a risk you take, personally I've never had a truck of mine dipped and it does beg the question whether the large fine might actually be cheaper than paying todays huge diesel prices

Edited by al4x

I've been using a mix of ordinary and veggie in my fourtrack for a while now and it does burn cleaner and seems quieter as well(:o??) I think the biggest problem with doing this is the fact that it cleans all the crud of the walls of your tank and this gravitates towards the fuel filter then. That is why all the sites tell you to make sure you change the fuel filter more regularly.

I believe there is problems with what is called the "common rail" deisel engines - I think these are the newer models.

And yes, the price of veggie oil has shot up in supermarkets because they have cottoned on to the fact we are running our motors on it. Local Morrisons are selling the cheapest one at £1:18 a litre. Think I'll check Aldi's Lidl and the nearest Tesco to see what they are charging. ???

Pushkin :good:

Guest Mr Pieman

No matter what you do, they'll get you. Change to vegetable oil and, once enough people have changed, it will be heavily taxed. I remeber when diesel was marketed as cheaper than petrol as it was better for the planet - look at us now. Have you noticed the price of LPG creeping up too? It will soon be another sneaky way to put our 'cheap alternative' into the 'necessary expense' box.

I don't know why oil prices are climbing so quickly. It has nothing to do with oil shortages or running out of reserves. I'm currently working in the Kashegan oil field in Kazakhstan, and there is enough oil here to keep the planet going for some time - and lots of the area has yet to undergo seismic surveying.

Oil prices will almost certainly reach $200 a barrel by the end of the year, and I see no reason for that increase to slow down next year. Then, we get politics and profits involved. If you have several billion barrels of oil lurking underground, why pump it out at $200 a barrel, when you can sit on it a bit longer and sell it at $250 a barrel in a few months. Nothing like the threat of scarsity to drive up the prices. So, as prices rise, the oil companies have even less reason to increas production!!

The worse part for me is I genuinely believe it makes no difference who's in government. If the Conservatives took over tomorrow, do you think they'd shave 50p per litre off the diesel tax - don't think so!! We're screwed!! Other than shooting, I won't be spending any money in the UK any more. I have started importing ammunition as it is cheaper than buying in the UK. I refuse to pay Poxy Brown and his gang of robbers any more of my cash in taxes - I'd rather keep it and give it to a charity (which, I hasten to add, I do with 20% of the tax I save!). I appreciate that then impacts on local producers etc, but where do we draw the line?

There won't be a revolution, the government won't be different with others in charge, the British public will collectively take it on the chin - after all, that's what the Brits do. Get a very large tub of Vaseline and brace yourselves, its gonna get a whole lot worse!!

anyone selling any ?? :good:

its now 128.9 at my local garage

what price is it at your local garage

last time i went it was 1.22 in goldthorpe at the jet garage , went passed the texaco garage a bit allong the road and it was 1.31 :)

You can find the cheapest fuel in your area by clicking here.

It's worth checking periodically. Using a 10 mile distance from my house, diesel varies from 120.9 to 124.9 p per litre. On a fill-up of 60 litres, that's a difference of £2.40. Christ, I remember when I used to put in 4 gallons and get change out of a £1 note.

Eric

I travel 110 mile a day to work and back.

I use a car that gives an average of 60mpg.

I set the cruse control and travel every journey

exactly the sameway day in and day out.

I was paying £46 for a tank of fuel before christmas

I now pay £64. If it goes upto £1.50 a gallon I will

either have to change jobs or look for another house.

taz.

Guest rabgoat
I have heard of people using heating oil but apparently you have to mix a certain amount of engine oil with it.Anyone know more about this?

I heard this the other day,my mechanic was saying a taxi driver would come in to the garage just for a lend of his measuring jug,I must find out what the mix is,i'm not saying i'd do it just curious,

I have heard of people using heating oil but apparently you have to mix a certain amount of engine oil with it.Anyone know more about this?

I heard this the other day,my mechanic was saying a taxi driver would come in to the garage just for a lend of his measuring jug,I must find out what the mix is,i'm not saying i'd do it just curious,

"kerosene" has had a dye 'mark put in it to stop us doing that now :good: and you need a "good reason" for it's bulk delivery.

All that needed doing was to thicken it up to a similar viscosity as diesel. It is also a lot cleaner than diesel and could make an mot tester curious as to why your car was emitting less harmfull particulates than others.