Bore snake

RTR,

Tell master, ALWAYS pull through from breech to muzzle when using the bore snake.

Also, dont let him forget to have a real good brush and mop clean from time to time. Boresnakes are great if the barrel is in need of cleaning quickly, but ejectors etc still need looking at occasionally.

Regards,

Rob.

:angry:

Hi folks

Just a thought,i sort of made myself something which i presume is similar to the bore snake.It goes something like this a length of string longer than the barrel, an old thin sock,(or new if u prefer)make a hole in one end of sock,tie string threw.There u have it works for me.

Can't get cheaper than that,very good for the lazy days.

ps u can put a paper clip or something like that at the end of the string to make it easier to thread threw.

turk101 mem

regular use of a bore snake will reduce your cleaning time needed with patches and brushes ,they are very user friendly (dont get any easier ) readily available in all calbre's too, many crossover so you dont need to buy them all,but as apbiuld said attention to other parts should not be overlooked

martin

Got one from a guy on GunDealsUK.

Very impressive product.

Not much happening on the pigeon front so, as we start on the ducks next week and pheasants the following week, I thought I,d have a go at some clays on a local clay shoot on Sunday to keep my eye in.

(Not a great clay shooting fan. Never ever get game birds flying over your shoulder from behind!! And dont they take everything low!!)

As I had a lunch appointment and wanted to go for a pint (or 3) first I quickly used the bore snake before going to pub.

Amazed how clean it left the barrels with just one pullthrough.

Did the full cleaning job this morning.

Highly recommended IMHO.

RTR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bore snake is a new way to clean the bore of your gun.

It consists of a weight attached to a thin cord which is then attached to a long length of material which has a couple of bonze brushes embeded in them.

You drop the weight down your barrel and pull it out the other and then pull the whole thing through the barrel.

Basically like pulling through a very big patch.

You can use them with cleaner if you need to but then they might get meesy allthough you can wash them afterwards.

Ideal for a quick clean after a days shooting but you shouldn't ignore other parts of your gun that require maintenance.

Ive just bought one in .243 cal, i got mine for £15. from malmo guns near morecambe. First time i used it i found it hard to pull through so i put some copper solvent on the end and that made things much easier. My opinion so far, is that they are easy to use and do a very good job.

Had mine for ages (got them from the USA).

Top piece of kit.

You can wash them in a washing machine but ONLY if you stuff them into an old sock/pillowcase/whatever that encloses them fully and then tie the end.

You dont want that thing loose as it will wrap its string around the workings of the machine.